1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kids need to be educated

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by riddlerno1, Apr 15, 2009.

1. riddlerno1

This happened today and really annoyed me. My cousins son who is 6 came over and was watching telly (deal or no deal) and the male contestant went to hug one of the other female contestants.

My cousins son then said "does he hug the other men?"
    Me: Yes
    Him: he shouldnt hug the men
    Me: Why?
    Him: cos its not right
    Me: Why is it not right, theres nothing wrong with hugging, men can hug other men and its ok

He then left the room. But it just made me so annoyed cos his dad (my cousin) is extreemly homophobic and i know he is picking up certain stuff from his dad. I always try to get him to question this but the poor lad is only 6 and doesnt really understand. Why cant they educate kids at school, it would just make kids grow up with an open mind, especially thiose poor kids who are unfortunate to have bigoted parents!

2. Just Adam

best way is for him to just spend more time with you help stop him becoming homophobic, at the moment hes young and cant fully understand what beeing gay is but as he gets older with your help he will understand that its nothing wrong especially if in a bit you come out to him he will see well your normal so its ok

3. Jeimuzu

Maybe that little boy will learn in his own time. I hope he can break down the barriers his father gives him, given time.

4. xequar

Because the right-wing extremist whackjobs scream that it would be "indoctrinating the children" all while they put the kids through Sunday School and other religious indoctrination classes and the churches say flat-out that they need to get to the children when they're young.

Yeah, they need to get to the children when they're young because adults are generally smart enough to say "Fuck you" to religion if they weren't indoctrinated into it as children.

5. Dazed

Dazed Guest

if we were able to educate the children what age would be right? kids are coming out at younger ages but parents think they are too young to understand. i hope when he is older he will understand that its okay.

6. Alex19

yea, i hate hearing things like that where one or both of the parents are homophobes and it starts to rub off on the kids.

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    What you said to the kid was perfect!