1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mpanagias, Feb 27, 2017.

1. mpanagias

Hello whoever is reading this! I want to come out to some of my friends but I guess I think too much of it. I live in a village in which people are VERY homophobic. The good thing is that my mother isn't homophobic but if I had to come out to someone my mother would be the last person I would choose. An other thing is that I was like 30% ready to come out to my friends (who I spend the most of my time with) but as we were talking about stuff some said that they would be unhappy if their kids turned out to be gay or transexual. 30 to 0 real quick. So, the point of this thread is; should I come out now (15 years old) or later in my life? I always thought that it would be better to come out later but it feels horrible to keep it to myself for so long. :bang:

2. Georgia111

Hi! I was in a similar situation to you once...I have friends that make fun of LGBT people but decided to tell them I wasn't straight anyway thinking that they would have a change of heart but sadly the homophobic remarks continued. It doesn't bother me as much anymore though because they're still really good friends. I know what it's like to feel tired of keeping your orientation to yourself so maybe you should find one or two persons that you really trust to talk to until you are older and more comfortable to come out about it. I'm sure you can find at least one person who will truly accept you for who you are and I'm sure in the future you will meet more LGBT ppl just like you but for the mean time feel free to keep in touch whenever you need someone to talk to <3

3. mpanagias

Thank you so very much! That meant a lot to me. ♥

4. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think you should wait to come out. Wait until you are mentally, physically, spiritually, and financially stable. Wait until you can handle a bad reaction. Do you think you could handle a negative reaction today? Do you think you want to come out now just to relieve yourself? It is all up to you. You should try to weigh the pros and cons of coming out. If there are more pros, you could come out. If there are more cons, then you should try to wait before coming out. Do you think you can handle hiding your sexuality? If not, you must make a decision. I know it is difficult but you have the ability to overcome any challenges that you face in life.

I hope that I helped.

5. mpanagias

You helped a lot! :thumbsup: I am sure that my mother would not be mad or anything but I guess I am not ready yet. I think that I will wait for the right moment to come out to a friend. If I don't find the right moment I will not.

6. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would wait if I were you. It doesn't sound like you are in a situation where it would be safe.