1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone please explain this?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ameryllis, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I got my friend to DM my crush on Instagram and tell her that someone likes her & would like to know if she is straight or not, and her response was very rude and unexpected. I know it was a dumb move on my part, because she was likely freaked out by the random stranger asking about her sexuality, but even so her response seemed over the top. I'll send the screenshots.

Can someone please explain why you think she might have responsed how she did?

Do you think I should apologize to her in person next time I see her & confess that it was me?

Attached Files:

#1 Ameryllis, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  2. A Number

Damn, that escalated quickly. I mean maybe they struck a nerve or something? I wouldn't have responded that way though, jebus.

3. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

I think that, as is normally the case, you should try and judge yourself whether or not she's straight yourself.
    I'd probably freak out if someone messaged me like that, though I'd just block them :lol:

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    While I do agree with her - have the actual person that likes you to message is better, her reaction is harsh.

My person interpretation is that she isn't super comfortable with her sexuality. As I see it, if she was 100% straight she wouldn't have bothered asking who it was, she'd just say she wasn't interested.

5. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Boosting this because I'm still freaking out! Thanks for the replies though!

6. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    boostinnnn

7. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Text can be so hard to interpret. And the way she responded could be harsh or just protective.

If she was gay she could just be afraid to be bullied. I mean obviously it is known who she is but not known who the sender is...so..

I dont think its the best way to have gone about it. The message was to short and hardly any context coming from a stranger.

---------- Post added 1st Mar 2017 at 12:43 PM ----------

*not saying she was classy about it *

8. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yeah, I think she may have been worried that the sender wanted to get information about her sexuality to use against her. She may have also not believed that the whole 'my friend likes you' scenario was legitiment, and that may have been a factor to peeving her off.

But I don't know. I'm just upset that I made my friend send that, putting him in the middle of it all and freaking her out. I'm not sure if I should approach her or not about it to apologize. I don't want her to be wary of everyone at work. Thanks for the reply!

#8 Ameryllis, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  9. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the only part that was inappropriate was the last part. She already conveyed her point, so there was no need for the part about fucking a brick.

Her responses up to that point seemed perfectly appropriate for a young person getting messages from a stranger on social media. I would have most likely responded similarly myself.

I don't think you necessarily need to apologize to her, but ultimately the only way to find out if she's left of straight at all, much less open to having someone who is crush on her, is to open up that dialogue with her yourself. Preferably in person. :slight_smile:

10. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the reply. I do agree, after reading this many many times, that her response was to be expected on some degree, though it was a 'little' hostile. The hostility of it all took me by surprise. All I expected from the DM was her to say she was straight, but that she was flattered someone liked her.

My mom thinks I should apologize to her so that she isn't wary of everyone at work. And to be honest, I think I come off quite pleasant and innocent in person so she's gonna find it difficult to freak at me. Especially seeing as this would be done at work, in the public. I also feel terrible about the whole thing, and don't want her to feel unsafe in her working environment.