1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else get this?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NoPlaceLikeHomo, Feb 28, 2017.

1. NoPlaceLikeHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have this weird hearing thing where I hear sounds just fine, maybe even above average, but speech and language doesn't sound like anything, just random syllables. It takes a lot of effort for me to hear people properly sometimes, and they get mad because they think I'm not listening. When I'm listening to music, I can't understand the words unless I've looked them up, so I just hear the vocals kind of like they're another instrument. Does anyone else have this? Is there a name for it?
    My first language was technically Spanish, but I was taught English at a very young age and forgot virtually all of my Spanish by the time I was seven. I wouldn't think that that would influence that in any way though.

2. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it might be a hard of hearing problem. it doesnt hurt to go to an audiologist and have your ears checked out. sometimes being hard of hearing means that you have a certain frequency that's been cut out since birth, like not hearing words with P's, S's , or even G's properly. a human ear has a certain range of sounds that they can hear, and frequency is a way of how to register and identify them.