1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating: A question for you all

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Justinian20

So in terms of dating, I hear the most given piece of advice is be yourself. What if you are weird and quirky, should you keep being yourself or should you actively try and give a limited first impression of your personality and then slowly introduce the other elements to the guy as you get deeper and deeper into the relationship.

Or should you just be your weird quirky self in full, just so if the person does actually like you, he'll like you knowing your real personality.

I can see pros and cons in either of these ways.

What do you guys think you should actually do.

Now I really would love to go on dates and have fun with potential partners, but I'm kind of concerned that maybe my personality is a bit too much for a lot of people.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On a first date you want to make a good impression, but a good impression shouldn't be a false impression. I'm not sure precisely what you mean by quirkiness or weirdness, but I would suggest that some people might find it interesting or attractive. If you stifle all of that are you really being yourself? A little bit of moderation might be a good idea, because you don't want to be 'full on' with someone who doesn't know you well, but you shouldn't be fake.