1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning a trip

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lifestruggles, Mar 2, 2017.

1. lifestruggles

I am planning on a trip that is taking me to NZ on a sort of job interview. I have been to NZ many times so that is not a problem as I have friends out there but would like to do some site seeing again in the US on my way through. Now I have been to LA before (mainly Hollywood) and I absolutely hated it but would love to find some cool LGBT places in LA and the surrounding area on this trip. I think I have always felt a little let down by LA as it was a place I always dreamt I wanted to go and when I arrived the places I went to I absolutely hated. Now I know I am being very judgemental in my saying so but I want to find places that will make me love it. I will be traveling solo so don't want to be in any dangerous areas unless anybody wants to join me and personally show me round haha. Can anybody offer me any advice please?

2. seeking

There is a lady who was on an american show called "The real L word"...Whitney Mixter. She has a club scene that I think is going strong.

There is also a popular restaurant/bar called the abbey. LA is not liked by everyone...it's very different from East coast of america and probably even very different from Uk.

Malibu is very popular place...not sure if you will be able to rent a car with a foreign driver's license (if you have one.)

I don't live in LA... wish I could meet up be cool to gain a new friendship. But, I hope you have fun.

Are you going to any other places in the U.S or only going to LA?

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want gay-friendly, go see San Francisco. I just wish I'd had more time to tourist around when I was there in 2012. Unfortunately I only got to drive through it on the way to my aunt's town two hours north.

4. lifestruggles

Hey, I am not exclusively looking at LA its just most flights to NZ pass through LA but I am pretty flexible on times and getting internal flights etc… It doesn't matter to me how long I stay in the US for I just wouldn't be able to afford anymore than three weeks. I love the US so would stay forever if I could haha..

---------- Post added 2nd Mar 2017 at 04:39 PM ----------

Yes I quite fancied SF as well just would mean me catching a mega bus which is cool with me. I would like to check out all the good LGBT in the US if I had money to burn haha and thank you

5. seeking

Well if you ever come to New York City... I could show you around. I am a shy person so I won't be hanging from any chandeliers LOL

NYC is a lot of fun. There is this place with mini rainbow cupcakes! Always a line out unless you go right when it opens. There is a hot dog shop I been going to since age 5....always go there. Not sure if you are vegetarian/vegan.

I had one family member visit Los Angeles and they didn't like it either. So it's not that unusual.

San Francisco sounds fun!

I'm not sure what month you will be visiting America... Los Angelos has a Pride parade and so does NYC. I heard NYC is more fun... the parade is free...I like the parade mostly because it's a day to really just have fun around the city and connect with other LGBT folks.

Google is your friend... you probably could find a lot of stuff to do in LA with your friends.

6. lifestruggles

t

I love NYC. I came once but it was in 2007 so quite a while ago now. How far are you from NY? I am not allowed to PM yet on here but as soon as I perhaps it would be easier to message you on that haha. I am not a vegetarian and I am 31 so I am not into mad raves either haha but I am not that shy, I have done a fair amount of travelling so I guess you cant be doing that, the only difference this time is I will be doing it alone which is why it would be cool to hook up with different people :slight_smile:

7. seeking

I'm in philadelphia. So maybe a 2 hour ride with a train. I have family in NYC... so I probably would stay there if you were passing through town.

I'm 24....But one of my closest friends is your age. But it's always nice to meet other people from around the world.. NYC is the best.

So idk if you mind like a 7 year age difference. I am mostly into checking out restaurants and art events.

So if you ever come and can PM. I be up for hanging out. Plus when you gain full membership we could talk more through pm so you see a glimpse of my personality to see if I be someone you see hanging with.

Hope you have fun on your travels.

8. lifestruggles

That sounds immense… I am pretty easy to get along with and like most people… Blimey age is nothing to me I can hang around with young and old it makes no difference to me. I will pm you when I am allowed and thank you :slight_smile:

9. seeking

Look forward to it :slight_smile: