1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some restaurants and/or businesses that are known to be LGBT friendly?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MisterMissy, Mar 2, 2017.

1. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wasn't sure where best to put this question. Cause I feel like it ought to be one of those sticky posts to be used as a go-to resource, but it also feels a bit more like the chit-chatty sort of question where you just share your favorite places to go that have been cool with you and your partner.

I'm not really sure. But I've been thinking more and more lately about trying to play things as safe as I can once I have my first boyfriend, so that when we want to go out, we know where we will be generally welcome.

So, anyone have any info, news, or personal experience on which restaurant chains or businesses tend to be LGBT+ friendly or accommodating?

2. DementedTrendz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe Starbucks is a big LGBT supporting chain restaurant.

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem with trying to put together such a list would be that it's going to come down for the most part to individual execution at the particular location. With a few exceptions almost all national chains have stated policies that would prevent discrimination. The problem is that depending where you are, that won't prevent that one location from having that dick waiter or even possibly that dick manager who looks the other way. On the plus side, my husband and I travel fairly frequently and are also both from areas of the country that are not LGBT friendly where we visit frequently--we have always assumed that we would not have an issue in public places and have never been proven wrong.