1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Were you ever cheated on?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Georgia111, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Georgia111

How did you find out and how did it feel to be cheated on??

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Looking back, I believe I was.

I had a steady girlfriend when I was in high school, and even though we were polar opposites with most of our interests, we somehow worked out. We split up on April 1st of all days, but got back together sometime later. The last thing they told me was that they were going to the hospital to visit their sister who had been in labor. That was it.

Two or three weeks had gone by and I was in panic mode, since she had a heart condition that she had surgery for sometime before we broke up. This was also around the time I was still on Myspace, so I looked around to see if they were active on their (and that their old MyYearbook account got hacked). When I found their profile, it was pretty active and it said she was in a relationship. When her MYB account came back, I saw that it said she was in a relationship with someone else and they were pretty open about it.

When we'd talk, it was like nothing happened, and I didn't want to be that person to ask "who the hell is this person". I don't know if the stayed together long, and we stopped talking years ago. Before I met my husband, I gave up on online dating after that, since I didn't want to trust someone hundreds of miles away with my heart again.

3. matt4907

matt4907 Guest

I was cheated on by my previous girlfriend but I didn't find out until after I broke up with her. She was mad at me for breaking up with her so she told me that she had been cheating on me anyway. Surprisingly, I wasn't even too concerned about the fact that she'd been cheating on me. I was just glad to not be in a relationship with her anymore.

4. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I cheated without realizing once. Thinking back on it now, I realize how bad it was, what I did. So anyway, I had a few boyfriends in middle school. When I did, I always felt like it wasn't working out, like it wasn't a real relationship, so I guess sometimes I would flirt with other boys to try to find a relationship that I was happy in. 90% of the time, the relationships only lasted a week anyway, and also it was middle school, so I suppose that they weren't serious relationships. But I still feel really bad for doing it.
    I guess the reason I never felt happy in those relationships is because I don't like boys at all.
    But still. I feel pretty bad. I mean, it's wrong to cheat, no matter what your excuse.

5. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I knew without him having to say a word. It was all over his face, metaphorically speaking...he started acting different, treating me differently, getting paranoid...I never confronted him about it or anything until after we broke things off, at least not that I remember. And I know I'm not an ideal date, I can get insecure and I need frequent reassurance that I'm loved and I know that's really a lot to handle but I don't know how to stop.

Anyway, he became a huge dick and we broke things off and I was terrible, too. And for months he kept trying to contact me and meet up and talk things out, and he even tried to get back with me at one point. And then, about a year after everything went downhill, he called me to tell me that he was cheated on, and that he knows how much it sucks now, and he wanted to apologise.

And what really sucked the most wasn't getting confirmation that I was right and he had been cheating on me, or that he was so emotionally dense that he didn't know it sucked to be lied to like that. It was knowing that I was wrong; I thought I had a good shot with him because he was bi, so I figured I wouldn't freak him out too much, but I wasn't masculine or feminine enough for his taste. He cheated on me with women who were confident in their bodies, and with men with penises, and I thought I could be plenty, being somewhere in the middle, but I wasn't good enough. It took a lot to bounce back from that one, because even if it wasn't, it felt especially personal. :frowning2:

6. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was. And I didn't know until quite a long time after the relationship ended. I found out from friends who went to high school with him.

Until last month, my relationship with this ex was the longest I had ever had, as well as (again, before my current relationship) the one where I had been the happiest. Even though we didn't see each other in person that often, I was still incredibly invested.

One day, he messages me and confesses that he might be polyamorous. I say "that's fine". He asks if I would be okay with being in a polyamorous relationship, and I replied "Yes, as long as I can meet the other person first".

This is where the part I didn't know starts. Well...as it turns out, he started dating the other person without me knowing. And as I said above I was only okay with a polyamorous relationship if I had met the other person first. As you might guess...I hadn't met this person. So, this friend of mine (the one who told me about this) came up to my ex and asked "Hey...are you and (the other person) dating..?". He said "Yes". My friend asked if I knew/was okay with it. He said "No".

Time passes and the next time we saw each other (March of last year? Which not only was state competition (my biggest one yet, since all of my ensembles and for the first time my solo made it to state, and it was my senior year), it was also our 8 month) he broke up with me. I was devastated by the break up (I think it's the only break up where I cried a whole whole lot), and I didn't know that the cause of it was that he fell for the other person more than he had for me until this past December.

Finding out that I was cheated on for a good chunk of that relationship hurt pretty hard. I kinda had a relapse to the pain I had with the break up over it. But I was able to dismiss it easier, because of the relationship I currently have. Essentially, it hurt a lot when I found out, but I went "F*** it, I'm in a better relationship now, it doesn't matter".

7. Amdukias

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was cheated on by my ex-girlfriend and I'm the affair of a friend of mine.

My ex and I had a polygamorous relationship, so there wouldn't be any problem if she just came to me and told me "hey there's this other girl I met, she's pretty awesome and I guess I want more than just friendship" then i'd be like "Yeah okay, may I could meet her?" and everything would be okay. but no, she decided to just cheat on me with two different girls when she was hospitalized for her ED. Afterwards she told me and when I didn't show that much interest because I'm a pretty tame guy and I don't like to get into trouble with women she told one of that girls that I made her anorexic. At least we broke off cause I couldn't stand her mentaly abuse anymore but the cheating-thing never bothered me anyways. Of Course I'd prefer a honest poly-relationship but yeah I know I'm a terrible boyfriend and I don't want anyone to be in a relationship with someone like me.

The other thing ---> affair. I know she's got a boyfriend (I met him and I think he's okay) and the two want to marry by next year. Same as with my ex-girlfriend: I don't really care. Ok I do care but I don't care in the "omfg she's cheating on her future husband omfg I can't stand that!" kind of way. But at least it would be better for the three of us if this shit would end :slight_smile: