1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone feel like they were exposed too early?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DreamonRose, Mar 5, 2017.

1. DreamonRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Anyone feel like they were exposed to the real world too young? I found out about Rape, LGBT, sex, drugs, divorce, bullying, ect. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY too young. I am 14 and I have gone through so much already. My life was turned upside down at 3 like whatt. Can anyone else relate?

2. Amdukias

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can relate to that I guess. Even if my parents didn't divorce and noone around does drugs (appart from some classmates smoking weed whom I don't count) I was confronted with the other things between 9 and 13 too. So, if you need someone to talk to, I'm here :slight_smile:

3. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, for some things, I get what you mean. I've never had a "happy family" kind of homelife.

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was quite sheltered and oblivious really until age fifteen. It was after than point that I experienced a significant deterioration in mental health, morals, and innocence. But no matter the age, I think, it always feels too young. I often wish I were a child, ignorant of the harshness of the world once again and left to frolick in my grandmother's petunias. Those were the days.

5. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In some ways yes, I had been mentally abused by my father from when I was 11 or 12 until I was 18 and he was abusive of my mom for much longer than that time, some of which I can remember. I do also sometimes wish that I could go back to being innocently ignorant towards the outside world but I try not to let regret or desires to go back to simpler times to consume me.

6. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm not sure if I can relate. I guess I had a pretty "normal" experience growing up. I think I started finding out about the real world when I was maybe like 10 or 14. My memory is not good in terms of this.