1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not nervous about coming out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wolfwing, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Wolfwing

So from what I've read, pretty much everyone says that they're always extremely nervous and/or stressed out about coming out to their parents. Though for some, I'm not really nervous or stressed out about it and I just view it as something I'm going to have to do sometime in the future. Anyone else?

2. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    at first I was not nervous but then I started getting nervous. I've only come out to my mom. Then again, why should I come out?

3. Riverhawk

Riverhawk Guest

I wasn't really nervous. Like you said, I just saw it as something that would happen when I was ready. However, right before I said it I struggled to get the timing right but I ended up just diving right in and saying it. Immediately after, I felt my heart beating but it wasn't really nerves but rather the realization that this thing that I kept secret for 19 years was finally out in the open. Like a new chapter has been started and everything was going to be different (but it's really not that different after a little while)

4. randomconnorcon

I was nervous about coming out as transgender, because it comes with wanting hormones and surgeries and changing everything people know (it was fine). I've never come out as bisexual, partly because I'm still unsure about my sexual and romantic orientations, but that doesn't bother me. I know I'm drawn more to guys, other than that I'm just rolling with it. People just guessed or asked, they've been doing that since I was thirteen. That's how uncaring and unsubtle I've been. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. mysweetgirl

At your age you might feel like you have to come out.. but really your parents and mostly your mother will accept it. I'm sure she would hope at your age you wouldn't go around displaying items on your backpack/sleeve showing the world you ar e.Not cause shes trying to hide that fact,but only to protect you. We do that with our kids. I have a teenager thats Bi and I know its cause I raised her to be accepting of those in love with the same sex. I'm Bi as well. However married to her father. I told her,this will only draw negative attention to you. I would hope she would not wear buttons advertising her love upon her backpack and shes yet to understand that reasoning,but again its to protect her. If you tell your parents,only do it with your mother for starters. She can express this to your father just fine and get back to you with his feelings about this subject shortly. Just be patient.

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you are in a more comfortable situation than most. Or maybe you are braver than most, but coming out is quite scary for most of us.

7. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. FragileVampire

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Back when I first came out to my mom (my dad is a non issue) I was super nervous, but because she caught me kissing a girl. It was a big deal back then.

That was a while ago and I ended up coming out as a bisexual... it was not until recently that I told her that i'm actually gay and she was cool with it now.