1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When We Rise

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Riverhawk, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Riverhawk

Riverhawk Guest

I have to say, I really enjoyed ABC's mini-series "When We Rise". I loved being able to watch a show that had mostly LGBT characters. The members of the LGBT community often don't have many good examples of relationships portrayed on TV and I just thought that it was awesome to be able to watch a show with so much representation. Not to mention I got to learn about the gay liberation and be thankful for all of the progress that our community has made. These events aren't exactly taught that much in American history classes, but to our community they are very significant.

I'm not the type of person to be extremely triggered about lack of representation and I wouldn't insist that LGBT characters be included an unreasonable amount but I will say, it did help me a lot to see these LGBT characters. I often worry about being in a relationship because I don't know what to expect since I don't often see LGBT couples in my everyday life and a relationship would really be uncharted territory for me.

That's all I have to say. Let me know what your thoughts on the mini-series are.

2. randomconnorcon

I live in England and don't have ABC, but it sounds cool. Representation is always great. I'll have to find it.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I enjoyed the mini series too. It was very authentic.