1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for friends

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Worker Bee, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there. I am extremely shy and struggle to make friends. In 'real life' I can't do small talk and I've basically become a hermit due to depression and anxiety.

I'm hoping to find some friends within this community and a sense of belonging.

2. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hiya. I know the feel. I'm on medication for depression/anxiety myself.

This community, in my experience of being here, is incredibly welcoming. Even if it seems a bit hard and intimidating at first, there's always someone who's there to listen.

And, speaking of, I'm incredibly open to conversation. Even though I'm not the best at getting back at a reasonable time, you are 150% free to talk on my wall or whatever if you want. I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as I can on there. And I'm more than happy to meet new friends :slight_smile:

3. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello NerdByNature. I'm glad you joined this community. There is a lot of positive energy in this forum. A lot of people are shy, so you're not alone. I'm shy myself. I can be very socially awkward when it comes to social situations. It's okay if you struggle to make friends. I, too, struggle to find friends. Ive been trying to change this for a while. I joined some clubs at my college campus but things haven't set up apparently so I am awaiting that. I'm angry because I have a horrible social life and nothing has seemed to change. I hope I make friends soon. I hope my social life gets better.

Speaking of not being able to do small talk, I tend to have times in which conversations become awkward. I'm not very good in the social skills "department". That's definitely something that I have to improve on. I struggle with some slight anxiety myself. At one point, it used to be very intense.

I hope to make friends on this forum as well. You will definitely make some friends in this community. There is a lot of positive energy and vibes in this forum that you should be awaiting.

Send me a PM or a wall message if you're going through a hard time. I'll try to respond.

I'll send you a friend request.

4. Eldrher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey. Youre not alone. I'm also very shy and I struggle to make friends. Anxiety is exhausting. I'm here if you ever need to talk. Send me a pm when you want, and I'll try to reply asap

5. musicenthusiast

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I'm a pretty shy person as well and have anxiety and depression. I'd love to make some friends on here. I'll send you a friend request.

6. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for sending me friend requests - accepted!

7. actualdust

Hi! I have a hard time making friends too, I isolate myself a lot :/ but I'd love to be friends, feel free to message me on pm or my wall anytime :slight_smile:

8. clocky

Hi! I am not shy, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be your friend. (Gosh, I'm scary)