1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could you ever have a crush on someone who's a twin?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by faultyink, Mar 8, 2017.

1. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've always had a fear that, because I have a twin sister and I look pretty similar to her, no one could like ME individually. I thought I'd always be seen as a double, or doppel-ganger, or whatever you want to call it.

So my question is: could you like a twin, as an individual? Or would you feel guilty for liking one over the other (if they look quite alike)?

2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There were a cute set of twins when I was in high school, sadly their personalities were the opposite of cute. I only had classes with one of them, and was turned off by personality. So yeah I could see myself being in a relationship with someone who had a twin.

I think most people would worry about mixing the twins up if they were really identical. That would be pretty embarrassing.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't imagine why this would be a turn-off for anyone reasonable. And anyone for whom it is a turn-off... Is not someone is want to be friends with or go out with. :slight_smile:

4. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They're still different people. There's I chance I might confuse one for the other, but no, I would not feel guilty for liking one over the other. They are still separate people so idc.

5. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Of course!

The only "issue" would be the occasional confusion which would be embarrassing, but that's not a big deal to me. If I were dating a twin and ended up super close, I'd want to make sure I'd know who is who though, trying to kiss the wrong person would be hella embarrassing.

My sister's been dating a guy who's identical for a long time now, she seems to be doing fine. I always jokingly told them they needed different haircuts so I'd get their names right.

I don't see any real reason it wouldn't work though, if I actually like someone and they like me back, I wouldn't just leave over something petty.

6. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a few incidents from crushing on twins...but the one I will share on the forum is the set of twins who are really gorgeous and they've done everything to me except throw me down and make me have sex with them. The fact of the matter is that initially, after one twin came into the club when I was working and from that point made it clear that he was interested and wanted to know if I wanted to have sex with him. The thing is like I said...very good looking, nice body, etc. but although there was a crush, I just could not go there. Then, he brought his twin brother in the club one night and I found out that he too wanted to know if we could have sex and if I had a crush on him like he had on me. I find them both very sexy and engaging. However, because I was engaged to their sister after high school and she was my high school sweetheart and furthermore, I was very close with the whole family...I can't go the next level with them and they've done a lot to me to persuade me to go there with the both of them...but my pride and integrity would not let me do it even though I do have little crushes on both of them. Its okay to window shop though...haha

7. clocky

Wow, this is a good question.

I can't help who I like, but that would be pretty difficult for the other...

8. Blackrainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I mean, surely even if you look alike, you have different personalities and interests. For me at least, even if I find a girl really beautiful, I'd never immediately want to date her unless I know at least vaguely, what sort of person she is. I can understand feeling insecure in looking so similar to someone else, but remember, you are your own person and she is hers. Focus on what is different between you, and what your individual interests are. Even if you are similar in many ways, or have the same values, there will always be something unique that sets you apart. Even if it's just the way you laugh, or how good you are at card games.

If someone really cares for you, they'll look past the similarity in appearances, because they are in love with all of you and not just your face and body.

9. ravenscarlett

Oh I totally would. One of my best friends has a twin sister and they don't look too similar but still. They have completely different personalities and they absolutely hate each other. I'm closer to the artistic twin, but I'm still friends with the athletic twin. I also used to sit next to a kid with an identical twin and we would talk once in a while but he was kind of a jerk. His brother is super sweet though. I don't see why a twin would be a turn off, you'll be fine :wink:

10. Casey221B

You should read the book fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. The main character's a twin, and while it's not the main focus of the book, she has a lot of anxiety over her crush/boyfriend only liking her because he hadn't met her twin.

11. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would totally date a twin. I don't see why not. There's more than appearance after all. You should both have your own personalities and interests, so don't feel insecure because you have an identical twin.

As others have said, the only thing I could see as a problem is confusing them for each other, but I feel that would be resolved quickly.

12. TrashyClassy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never had a crush on someone who was a twin but I can definitely see myself crushing on someone who is one. Personality is a big thing for me. Appearance is really just a bonus. As long as she likes memes then she's alright in my book.

13. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a crush on a triplet right now, so yes.

14. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a huge crush on a twin right now. I didn't know he had a twin brother when I first met him. I've seen photos of the brother, and they do look similar, and the brother is more "classically" handsome (well groomed, well dressed, pouts a lot in his photos), but I'm far more interested in the brother that I do know personally.

Problem is, the brother is actually on some of the gay dating apps I use. and the one that I do know and like has never confirmed his sexuality. and doesn't seem to have reciprocated any of the interest I've shown in him. So I'm screwed.