1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so, trying to get out there. but there's a catch ( online dating ? )

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by warthog, Mar 9, 2017.

1. warthog

Hi

So, i'm still alive. Haven't been on - though i'm sure not many noticed - because the website got blocked back home and I got paranoid.

Tons of shit happened during my hiatus but none of that matters.

I want some advice : seeing that i'm screwed because i'm still entangled in this weird and awkward friendship with B, and since i'm ultra-closeted for safety reasons, I came to an idea : Online relationships ! But there's a catch : I don't want to put my picture on a dating website as a "guy looking for guys" since that would be a very bad idea in my case, and I honestly don't even know where how what to do....

All advice and brainstorming welcome.

Thanks

(!)

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had the same fear and I live somewhere pretty open so I can't imagine considering it in an area that's violent to LGBT ppl. If you're in such a hostile area I would fear meeting someone from online would be faking and want to bash me. I'm always amazed how people in such areas and in the US decades ago had the courage to meet other gay people. Maybe the pain of loneliness was worse than the fear of and potential physical pain of getting beaten.

Can you move to a safer place? Is there any LGBT support organization?

3. warthog

Well, no to both. Furthermore even if I do move to a safer place there's the whole family thing and It's a whole different can of worms.. le sigh..