1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do Gay Asian Men Dislike Gay Black Men?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JonSomebody, Mar 10, 2017.

1. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was approached about creating a Facebook account, I declined because I was just not into the whole social media thing. However, a close friend of mine went behind my back and created a Facebook page in order to get me to be more open to being sociable since I had become distant with the exception of my close friends after my partner passed away. Initially, I was upset about him doing this. However, once I started to get a lot of request for accepting friendships, I thought I would give it a try. What I immediately discovered was that the majority of the guys whom were being recommended to me for friendship were all Asian, Filipino, Korean or better yet, mostly European. Anyway, I decided to let it go and see what the outcome would be.

I also began to notice that the majority of these guys were into posting a lot of pictures of themselves mostly nude or pursuing modeling careers and being participants in men beauty pageants. They also loved to share a lot of their personal business on the site to the degree of every move that they made as well as whatever may be going on within their personal lives. I also noticed that they their main focus was receiving likes and nice comments in regards to their posts. It was as if they looked as this being a big deal to them.

What I discovered from the few that did reach out to me was that they would ask me about posting pictures which I did not do with the exception of what my friend had posted of me when he started the account and they wanted to see naked pictures of me and when I declined, they would get really upset at me and leave me alone or delete me. Again, I did not foresee this as a problem because I really did not care.

Recently, a guy on the site father had passed and I sent him a message of encouragement during his bereavement. However, another guy had contacted me and went on to tell me that a lot of the guys that had become FB friends with me all know each other and they all came to the conclusion that they did not like me because I was a black man. Now, I have met Asian and Filipino gay guys here in my city whom I have either worked with or met while bartending in a gay club. I have even went out on dates with a few of them or hung out with some as well and never had a problem with none of them. Nonetheless, after being told this by this FB guy, I decided to contact one of the Asian guys that I knew and he told me that is true in regards to a lot of them whom still resides in that country and have not been to the United States to witnessed any diversity. This guy went on to tell me that most of them find Black guys intimidating due to their sex drives and endowment. What really puzzles me about receiving this information is that I noticed that from the pictures and videos that a lot of them posted on FB that they have a big love for Black music and dance moves and the Black slang language. Therefore, if they have issues with Black people then why are they so influenced with our culture? Then again...maybe this justifies why those who have reached out to me directly have all asked to submit naked dick pics or just plain naked pictures of myself out of curiosity. Just something I decided to share on the forum to get other perspectives/responses on this subject matter. JS

#1 JonSomebody, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  2. AlamoCity

I find it interesting that even in the US, many gay men (who are not black) adopt many of the mannerisms that are more prevalent in the black community (i.e. certain pop singers, mannerisms, incorporating some African American Vernacular English in some form, etc.) and yet be very much opposed to dating someone who happens to hail from such culture.

3. Flowey

Culture and physical attributes are two different things. I don't see any problem with liking one and not the other. Heck, even in regard to culture, I might prefer some aspects of it and totally dislike others. For example, liking Indian food but Bollywood music is terrible.