1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought this was funny

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Apr 17, 2009.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I traveled to another part of the state a couple weeks ago. I called up a friend of mine who is a PFLAG leader in a town that is very similar to mine. Both are very conservative cowboy towns. She said they recently got a GSA going there. She said they have 19 kids in it. She said 18 of them are straight and one is "possibly" bi. She said they couldn't get a gay kid to walk through the door to save their life. :roflmao: Still, its there is one gets brave enough to go! :slight_smile: Still no GSA in my town.

I was in the beauty salon the other day and a 12 year old girl was in there just chatting away with her twin brother who was getting a haircut. After the cut his mother looked at it and told the stylist to put some gel in it. He looked at himself in the mirror and said that he "looked so gay". His sister pipes in and says "I don't know what people have against gay people. I have lots of gay friends!" Then one of the stylist says "Aren't they a little young to know they are gay?" So I had to do a little education in the salon. :grin: I asked the stylist how old she was when she had her first "boy crush". She got the point. Another PFLAG moment. :slight_smile:

So then I was thinking if this 12 year old in middle school has lots of gay friends, there really DOES need to be a GSA in my town.

2. Mickey

Cute story and props to you for speaking up about it!

3. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha. However that's 18 people that hopefully be more liberal about LGBT issues. And you never know, some of them may be in the closet.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's true and I thought the same thing.

5. DyingForever

DyingForever Guest

Thats is awsome