1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Femmes: how feminine are you compared to the average straight girl?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tre, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Tre

Tre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Compared to lesbians or at least stereotypical ones I fall firmly into the femme category. But compared to straight girls I don't exactly fall into the the girly girl category. I don't fall into the tomboy category either. Compared to the average straight girl my appearance might be a bit on the girly side, but my mannerisms are more on the androgynous side. I have some very girly interests, but I also have androgynous and masculine interests.

2. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm like you, when it comes to stereotypical lesbians, I'm definitely a femme, I occasionally paint my nails, I occasionally do my make up, and I'm obsessed with my own long hair. I'm by no means butch, but I don't know if those around me would consider me femme, because I do have a more androgynous sense of style and mannerisms, and on top of that I have a pretty deep voice(which I can't help and it makes me very self conscious)

I'm definitely less girly than probably....hmm 75%-80% of straight girls..maybe a higher percentage..maybe I am butch lol, but I don't fit the stereotype butch at all.

3. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly I'm just not put together. At this point, I often wear my pajamas to school XD Bur when I try, I don't wear makeup or nails, I just wear a clean button up/ long sleeve shirt with jeans. Right now I'm wearing black socks, khaki pants, and a thin brown button up with flower print on it. (my mom bought the shirt for me. Not a big fan of brown or tiny flower print but whatever)

---------- Post added 15th Mar 2017 at 05:01 PM ----------

By the way, I think deep voices are really cool. My voice changes alot so It can get pretty squeaky in pitch ...

4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In terms of mannerisms probably average, voice maybe a little more squeaky than typical, but looks I'd say a bit less feminine since I wear combat boots sometimes and have a bit of a bony "cartoon witch" face, but I guess the long dyed hair counts for something? So probably "normal-ish" but a bit out there in some ways. I'm one of those types who can't leave home without makeup and thoroughly brushed hair...

Maybe I need to work on it some more though, I don't like being stared at. Makes me paranoid.

5. clexanet

Well, although I'm bisexual, I do have a strong preference for girls so I will still participate in this discussion, if I may. xD I'm very girly. I doubt anyone (stereotypically) would think that I'm not straight. I wear only dresses, I have long hair, I wear makeup and I wear high heels. I love it all! I never have long nails though, for reasons lmao. It's difficult when you go out to a gay bar and people just assume you're straight though. xD

6. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am a tomboyish femme, but I do not wear nail polish not patient enough, and some other little details a typical femme would do.

7. covert direwolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a very feminine appearance, but this is because I can be insecure and won't let myself leave the house without makeup on. I do wear beanies, though, and have a pixie cut. I have a mix of tomboyish and slightly feminine hobbies. I play video games and sports, but I also enjoy singing and I'm going to start playing the violin soon. As for behavior, I get jealous easily. If I'm dating a girl, she is mine!! I can be competitive also, but I'm shy and cautious. I guess I only consider myself a femme due to my appearance, and in a relationship, I'd rather be the protector than the protected. So... as for appearance, I'm about 75% straight girl, but for personality, maybe 30%??

8. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Normal? I'm typically feminine in appearance/mannerisms & personality wise. I never really thought about that distinction between what's considered feminine for a lesbian vs for a straight girl tbh. No one ever suspects I'm anything other than straight though

9. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no idea what I am haha
    I dress masculine i have short hair I don't wear make up but my personality isn't so masculine.. I'm more like an introverted nerdy shy girl and I wish I could change that!!

10. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have days wear I dress girly and days where I'm a classic tomboy.

11. Blackrainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't say I'm a girly girl but I definitely appear feminine even by straight girl standards. I wear make up everyday and often have jewelry on, though my hair's often a mess and I bite my nails so don't bother painting or shaping them. My clothes tend to be form fitting in one way or another and I prefer high heeled boots, but I'm not much for following trends or keeping my wardrobe up to date. I'm yet to meet someone who openly assumes I'm gay.

I do think, as other people have said that personality probably plays a part in it. I'm generally quiet and fairly submissive around people I don't know well, which sadly I think is often taken for being 'ladylike' rather than shy.

12. Xemptor90

Xemptor90 Guest

same right here

13. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think i fit into either lesbian stereotype. I don't think I've worn a dress since i was like 10 - young enough for my mom to buy me a dress for church and force me in it. Same goes for skirts. I don't wear makeup - i can't even put eyeliner on. On occasion i'll do my nails and once or twice a week i'll style my hair, and i like clothes but i typically only wear the same week's worth of outfits even though i own plenty. I don't really try with my appearance like your average straight girl does.

14. laur3n

My body is very feminine (short, skinny, delicate...) but my look is pretty ambiguous (long hair, tomboy clothing but wearing heels). People generally assume I'm straight even though the only thing straight about me is my hair. My last girlfriend used to say I looked like a mini-lesbian hipster :')
    I guess my clothing depends of the day, but generally I don't look very feminine

15. choni

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say a little less than your average girl. I'm definitely feminine, but some things I guess are more masculine, like certain habits or mannerisms. My interests aren't really feminine either, you could say, as I'm an hockey fan and not really interested in beauty/lifestyle stuff. But I'm definitely not butch. I still wear makeup. I prefer long hair, and I dress more feminine. I like to wear dresses and things that are flattering for my figure. I like to dress up to a certain extent

#15 choni, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017