1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depression maybe? (Serious topic)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlexTheNeko, Mar 14, 2017.

1. AlexTheNeko

Ive been having really bad depression lately, and my ex, and my best friend, tried to off himself, which didnt make anything better. After our breakup, everything has gone downhill, and almost no one will talk to me anymore. Its starting to seem like I dont have anyone who cares if Im still on the planet.

---------- Post added 14th Mar 2017 at 09:57 PM ----------

Just wanted to put it out there if anyone would like to message me and talk it would be great

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time. Depression isn't something to be taken lightly. Please don't ignore it. Speak to a mental health professional, who will be best at advising you about healthy coping mechanisms, and maybe even medication to help you deal with things. As for your ex trying to kill himself: Urge him to seek professional help for his suicidal thoughts too. It's serious. Literally a case of life and death. In the meantime, just try and be there for him whenever he needs to vent. I know it's hard to be strong, with you also feeling depressed. I'm not exactly sure what to tell you to be honest. I'm just trying to sympathise with you. Don't lose hope. A better life is on its way. Maybe the people who are pushing you away, think you are responsible for your ex's suicidal thoughts and attempts. Breakups are hard, on everyone. Different people handle it differently. Unfortunately for the two of you, it has caused depression. Please don't ignore it. Both of you need help. This is serious.

3. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Alex ditto on what Ruby said. What do you have to keep occupied? Hobbies? I have only driven through Des Moines, any activities in the city? Depressions sucks I know! No matter what YOU matter!

Dean

4. TBD

TBD

I'm sorry you're depressed. I hope you can find relief.

I'm guessing here, so please excuse me if I am going in the wrong direction.

I've read that it takes three to five years to get over a mixed marriage break up. Your separation could have represented negative judgments about himself, but we all currently have plenty to be depressed about here in the US. (Personally, I'd like some high-octane anti-depressants, in pachyderm doses.) I hope you are not blaming yourself.

5. AlexTheNeko

But the thing is, it was my fault, because I was the one who treated him poorly, and I was the one to make him feel this way, and who made him think he wasnt good enough, which is so not true, if anyone wasnt "good enough" it was me.

6. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alex, everyone has their own demons to deal with. And I would suspect that your ex has been suffering from depression for a long time.

If you made him feel like he was not good enough it was only because you were reinforcing what he already thought about himself.

I have been suffering from depression from most of my life and thankfully I'm no longer feeling suicidal. However I'm still a long way from happy. Talking to people on here has already started to make me feel better about myself.

I am on medication (which may be working I'm not 100% sure) and I'm going to see a psychiatrist next week. I always believed I should be able to climb out of this hole myself but eventually I realised it wasn't possible and I needed help.

Please talk to someone about getting help. You matter!

7. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've been in a rut for quite a while. It started about two weeks ago. I've been feeling down because I'm lonely and I have a horrible social life. I've been trying to change my social life for a while and nothing seems to be going in my favor. I went to the club fair and signed up for a few clubs. I've only heard from one club but there isn't a meetup date for that club. I haven't heard anything back from the other clubs I signed up for. Plus the semester is halfway over. So I'm very irritated. I admit I don't have it that bad.

I've been feeling lonely because all I want are some friends. It seems like I'm destined to be a failure at life.

I hope that things get better for you though.

8. TheOneCactus

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have no suggestions unfortunately but I can send a cyber hug :slight_smile: