1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wisdom teeth pain and boredom

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DJHale, Mar 23, 2017.

1. DJHale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just got my wisdom teeth taken out about 4 hours ago, and already I hate sitting around and eating nothing but applesauce.
    Plus the doctor didn't use enough novocaine, and woke me up too early, because I definitely felt him removing the last tooth.

What were your experiences with wisdom teeth?
    or ways for coping with the boredom and hanger?

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first one I had taken out, they just used nitrous oxide and I hallucinated the entire time he was pulling that tooth out. I've got another one that's erupting (to use dental jargon) on the other side of my mouth that I'll have to go to an oral surgeon to have removed. Hopefully when that happens, they'll use an IV sedation or something like that to keep me out while they drill into the bone.

3. DJHale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They used nitrous oxide and an IV on me, and I was out for a bit; it took an hour for all four teeth to come out.
    Sadly, they woke me up early, and it was just in time to realise I had been crying for a while, and to feel the removal of my tooth.
    The Surgeon was rude about the whole thing and was rather rough when putting in my IV.
    But I'm fine now with a small prescription to pain meds.
    I'm super hangry, and want pizza.
    I hate sitting around and being cared for. I've always been independent, and hate to depend on others.

4. Linkmaste

It will end soon enough. My dad was mean and made me drink a milkshake so he could see me dribble it all down my chest.

5. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still have all my wisdom teeth, they never "dropped down" and at my age, I doubt they will...

6. DJHale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Linkmaste, That is kind of funny. I didn't eat from 6 the night before until 2pm the next day. Luckily, my appetite was gone after the procedure. My dad made me a milkshake, but I wasn't numb. I did drool a lot though when I was though.

@Ruby Dragon. Then you are apart of the 35% of the population that do not get their wisdom teeth. Lucky you. My dad actually never got his either, and he's almost 54.

7. DJHale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just realised that I am also unable to enjoy the doughy yumminess of Cracker Barrel's biscuits.

I'm going to die.

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went under when I had mine taken out a few years ago. I was on a few painkillers, so I don't remember having a lot of discomfort. I made the bad choice to schedule it the week of my birthday, which was a day or two before Thanksgiving. So I feel you with being peeved about the applesauce thing.

With boredom, I mostly stuck to video games to pass the time and milkshakes, mashed potatoes, and anything I could get in a food processor to eat. It sucked for a while because my jaw was sore and tight, so it's not like I was able to open my mouth much--reminding me of how it was having braces for the first time.

Give it about a week or two, and you'll be feeling better.

9. DJHale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Daydreamer1. I haven't had too many of the prescribed painkillers. One a day maybe. I've taken three ibuprofens, and a lot of ice of my face.
    I'm on break, so I have some time to recover, but still gotta go to school on Monday.
    Yeah, i can't open my mouth too wide, the stitches are on the outerside of my gums, next to my cheeks, and I can't smile or laugh. I have to wait for braces. So I'll be a senior with braces.

I'm just really not used to being so dependent and its bugging me.

10. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I went to the dentist today to find out my wisdom teeth are chipping away at my bones, and I need to get them removed as soon as possible. I don't have time or money.

11. DJHale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I'm sorry to hear that.
    It definitely sucks. My family didn't have much money for the operation either, until we found a dentist that took the kind of insurance I have, so that definitely lessened the burden of having to pay everything.
    I'm assuming you're not in school anymore are you? If you were, I'd suggest getting them out over a break, but if not, then I'm not sure.
    I do know though, that when I had to get an operation done last year, my boss was very understanding about it.
    Good luck!

12. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I'll have to wait for end of spring term. I can take a day off whenever I want (if I let them know a month ahead) but I won't get paid for that day.

13. DJHale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, that all makes sense.
    You'll definitely want a few days off after wards. You can't be doing too much. Heck, I have to teach kids tomorrow, but I can't go in because I have to rest to go back to school on Monday. It's a long healing process, but just be careful, and you should be fine. :slight_smile: