1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many years did it take to see actual biceps from when you started working out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Xemptor90, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Xemptor90

Xemptor90 Guest

I really want to gain muscles and look buff in the future. So it would be nice to know.

2. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: How many years did it take to see actual biceps from when you started working out

Depends what you mean by working out. I box, and regular training over two months has given me better biceps than most... but if you're talking bulk, then I'm not quite sure tbh. But I should note that about a month of bodyweight training gave me average-ish biceps (I.E. definition), so in other words you're talking a scale of months not years. Good luck!

Peace

3. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Re: How many years did it take to see actual biceps from when you started working out

Um, it takes a while. I've been working out regularly for two years (three days a week) with the express purpose of bulking up, and it took me about six months to start seeing noticeable results that I was actually proud of. But I started from absolutely nothing because I had never been an athletic or particularly active guy when I started. It's different for every person and it depends on how much you work out.

#3 ThatBorussenGuy, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  4. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

It depends on many variables including the amount and method of exercise, your diet and your starting BMI. It's also down to genetics as some people are able to build muscle more easily than others.

5. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

You should have biceps without working out... the size is the question.

6. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Like he said, there are a lot of factors at play. The most important thing to do, if you want to see results, is be consistent with a physical activity that involves your upper body. This could be a variety of sports, weightlifting, pull ups, push ups, and so forth.

A second most important factor is to make sure your diet is in order. To gain muscle you need a slight caloric excess (providing you are currently at an average BMI) to fuel growth. By eating moderate, healthy meals with a solid source of protein, you are aiding your muscles. Also make sure to get good amounts of sleep as this too effects recovery, as well as a host of other bodily and mental functions.

Personally, I was really scrawny at around 14-15 years old and I could not even do one pushup. It took me a lot of trial and error to figure out how to gain strength and maintain good health. I experimented with weights for a couple years with modest results. However, in the last year I decided to clean up my diet (clean vegetarian) and invest in swimming and yoga. The result? 10 lbs of muscle. My upper body looks much better, I have increased endurance and flexibility, good cardiovascular health, and better confidence.

There is no shortcut or spot-training, just focus on overall health and training, and the results will come.