1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreams

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hendrix, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Hendrix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Has anyone had wierd dreams or dreams that they actually remember? I used to keep a Dream Journal. When I find it I'll post some of my dreams here. I'm curious about what other people dream about. Do you think your dreams mean anything, like tell something about your personality or predict the future even? Has anyone else every tried to keep a Dream Journal? :sleep:

2. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I dream a lot, and remember at least one dream almost every day. Most of my dreams are "process dreams". They include various aspects of my day kind of combined into one event, even though in real life it doesn't all fit together. The more stressed I am, the more I dream and remember.

As far as predicting the future, well, I don't know about usual. But, when I was a kid, I spent about a week dreaming a "storyline" of six weeks of my life. About six months later, I experienced my dream in real life (the whole six weeks). It was really wierd. One of the events that occurred was someone got really angry and destroyed. I knew exactly what she was going to do, where the items thrown would land, etc.

Dream Journal - good idea. There have been times I have tried to write down my dreams, but it seems like when I the midst of writing I forget what I dreamt. The processing of putting the dream pictures into words almost deletes the dream pictures somehow. Probably sound wierd.

3. hoping

ive had really vivid dreams they are so clear i found out that it could b whats called astro travelling and later when what i dream about happens i believe it. for example about a year a half ago i dreamt i was standing and this guy was walking around then he just stood there and his face was so clear his really blue eyes and black hair and a few months ago i started talking to a guy exactly like that and now we might b going to date soon. oh and i forgot to mention i saw a name and it turned out to b his

4. Red87

Most of my dreams are so random, I don't think I could make sense of them ever...

5. SadConfusedBandGeek

Same here

6. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

My dream last night was the best! I woke up teary-eyed and like.. iunno it's weird i could really feel the sadness in my heart (lol i sound dramatic)

ok so ill try to tell it as detailed as possible

i dunno how it started but .

i was with a group (2 guys 3 girls) and in my dream we're the most wanted thieves. we were pretty good in thinking of strategies, martial arts, and guns.

we stole some ancient necklaces from a group of bad guys, but we stole them because they're gonna use those necklaces to do evil (lol i kno it's weird)

so like

all of us got seperated and I was being chased by the leader and his 'right hand'.

I was running then i saw a door and opened it

i went in and went BEHIND the door

they came in but unfortunately they saw me

i tried to punch the guy in the face but he blocked my fists with a handcuff and locked me on a railing (do u kno what i mean)

then the guy pointed a gun at me

he asked the leader "do u want me to finish him now?"

then he answered "no just leave him there I will finish him later"

the leader has a personal hatred of me coz i used to work for him but i betrayed him (iunno why)

so they left me and for some reason i broke free so i left and looked for my group

then i found a door i entered again and i saw all of them (my group and the bad guyz) my group was sitting on the floor and the bad guyz were pointing guns at us

so then i was sitting there by the door thinking of a way to get out

a fat bad guy was walking around so as soon as he walked in front me I used that opportunity to open the door and run because they cant shoot if one of them was blocking

i ran and turned ryt but the guy chased me and caught me

i got shot in the arm but i was able to steal the gun and shoot him and he died and i was able to steal the remaining necklaces that we need

i was holding my arm it was bleeding but i didnt feel the pain fortunately lol

i kept running then i found a room

it was full of boxes and it was kinda brown

one of the girls in our team were there sitting by the stairs and the other 2 guys in our team were there too (iunno what happened to our other team mates theyre not there)

i was really excited coz i have the necklaces and i went near them only to find out that the girl was shot and she's dying.

it got really quiet and sad and the only thing moving was the shadow of the ceiling fan .

then i just woke up i was feeling really sad

im actually going to draw that last scene i dont wanna forget it

sorry guys if u didnt understand a single thing haha i kno it's confusing

there was actually more between those but it's gonna get really long so..

7. SpikySpice

Well, last night it was wierd, Britney Spears came to my house and ask me to name her new album, I was like "Taco Breath?"

I had tons of wierd dreams

8. Hendrix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was reading your dream Blue0090 and it is very interesting. I've don't remember ever having a dream that was that vivid. I haven't even had any dreams that follow that good of a storyline, usually theyre just a bunch of fuzzy random images. Maybe remembering dreams is easier for some people. I'm not sure if dreams tell the future but the may tell something about your personality or things that are going on in your life. These are a few entrys from a Dream Dictionary that have to do with your dream. I don't know if they'll mean anything to you but here they are.

Thief:
    To dream that you are a thief, suggests that you are afraid of losing what you already have. Perhaps you are feeling that you are undeserving of the things you already have. Alternatively, you may be overstepping your boundaries in some situation or relationship.
    To dream that you are a witness to a theft, indicates that others are wasting and stealing your time, energy, and ideas.

Necklace:
    To see or wear a necklace in your dream, represents unsatisfied desires. It also highlights your intellect and your desire to have more influence and power over others.
    To see a broken necklace in your dream, indicates that your rational thinking is in accordance with your emotional thinking. You need to act on your gut instinct about some situation or relationship.
    To dream that you lost a necklace, signifies sadness and grief.

Door:
    To dream that you are entering through a door, signifies new opportunities that will be presented before you. You are entering into a new stage in your life and moving from one level of consciousness to another. In particular, a door that opens to the outside, signifies your need to be more accessible to others, whereas a door that opens into the inside, denotes your desire for inner exploration and self-discovery.
    To see opened doors in your dream, symbolizes your receptiveness and willingness to accept new ideas/concepts. In particular, to see a light behind it suggests that you are moving toward greater enlightenment/spirituality.
    To dream that the doors are locked, signifies opportunities that are denied and not available to you or that you have missed out on. In particular, if you are outside the locked door, then it suggests that you are having some anti-social tendencies. If you are inside the locked door, then it represents harsh lessons that need to be learned.
    To dream that you are locking doors, suggests that you are closing yourself off from others. You are hesitant in letting others in and revealing your feelings. It is indicative of some fear and low self-worth.
    To see revolving doors in your dream, suggests that you are literally moving in circles and going no where. You may feel that your opportunities and choices lead to a dead end.

Shot (I know that you weren't shot but this may mean something for the person in the dream and a lot of the time people in your drean represent yourself.):
    To dream that you are shot, represents a form of self-punishment that you may be unconsciously imposing on yourself. You may have done something that you are ashamed of or are not proud of. If you are shot and come back as a different person, then it indicates that you to start fresh. You want to wipe the past away and literally become a new person.

9. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since I've been told that I am nurturer, I have this one dream where I am on this long, dark road. I seem to be walking for hours, when I come across this old abandoned gas station. I go inside and eveything is broken and destroyed. Then all of a sudden my hands start to glow and I am fixing everything in sight. After that I go and do the same to a warehouse full of old rusty and abandoned cars, after that I usually wake up. I've had that dream alot. Can anyone tell me what they think it means, even though I kind of have an idea what it could be?:thumbsup: :smilewave

10. CelebrityHead

Lol I've had some pretty wack dreams, I don't think they have any relevance with my conscious life whatsoever lol..
    However, I think my mum takes the cake on the funniest dream ever: She had a nightmare that she didn't wash the lettuce before she put it in the tupperware container!! :roflmao: :roflmao:

11. crimsonarcher

I remember i was at the local gas station taking pictures of me and daniel (my Erste Lieben) and my cousin came there on a white pony.........
    sadly, those pictures in the dream were the same ones he has on his myspace...only instead of me, it's his boyfriend....

12. Hendrix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think your dream means that there is a serious problem that has been with you for a while and has been very drianing. It seems to be holding you back form where you want to be in life. You didn't have the confidence or know-how to fix it before but now you do or at least you wished you had the confidence or know-how. Maybe you've finally realized the root of the problem that you just couldn't put your finger on, but now you know.

Glow

To see a glow in your dream, symbolizes enlightenment and that new light has been shed onto a situation. You have gained a fresh perspective and reached a welcomed understanding.

Power

To dream that you have power, indicates your growing confidence, high self-esteem and increasing skills. Alternatively, your dream of power may try to compensate for a waking situation in which you were powerless.

Road

To see a road in your dream, indicates your sense of direction and pursuit of your goals
    If the road is dark, then it reflects the darker or more frightening choices which you have made or are making.

Rust

To see rust forming on iron or tin, signifies neglect or old age. It is also indicative of depressing surroundings, characterized by a decline in fortune and false friends

Fix

To dream that you are fixing something, indicates that you need to reevaluate and rethink a situation or relationship in your life.

Gas Station

To dream that you are at the gas station, indicates a need to reenergize and revitalize yourself. It may also suggest that to help and be an assistant to others.

I don't know if that helped. I wish I knew you better so that the interpretation could be more specific. Is there anything going on in your life that resembles this? I'm not an expert so it's no big deal it just really interests me.:idea:

13. aprilblue426

yeah. i used to keep a dream journal, but for personal reasons, i just kinda stopped. but usually i can remember my dreams pretty well without having to write them down.

14. Hendrix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm sorry xxAngelOnFirexx. I didnt relize you created almost exactly the same post (except with a "z" instead of an "s" lol) about two weeks ago.

15. Double Dubya

Same here, I can remember the dream until I stand up and walk a few steps, then I can't remember a single bit...

BUT, I have been known to fall asleep with a pen in my hand and wake up the next morning with a full page of writing. I never remember writing it and one time it was in Polish... I had to find a translator on google:lol:. It is called Automatic Writing, a form of mediumship.
    WW

16. kiba123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i have had atleast 20 dreams that have come true to me. it makes it really creepy and makes me woried about som eof the dreams that look so real that they could happen.
    I had a dream that i got robbed, thank god that one never happened

17. Hendrix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    These are entries from my Dream Journal. It is really hard not to add details to dreams that weren't actually in the dream to make them make more sence but I tried. Does anyone know what it means to not be a character in a dream (as if you're just watching a movie) or to be a different character other than yourself versus just being yourself?

1.There is a giant brick mansion with iron bars. There are giant oak trees in front of the house covered with red, orange, yellow, and, brown leaves so thick that you can't even see through them. The sky is almost entirely blocked out by trees. The ground is also covered with leaves one or two feet deep. A young boy with blonde hair tries to climb up the tree and climb into the window but is stopped by two bullies. He is then sitting up straight very still on a red velvet platform held by chains supposedly tied to the tree with a purple blanket over his head. He falls off the platform and has no reaction during the fall as if he were dead or asleep. In the backyard a young teenage girl walks up to a platform covered with shiny white lace that looks like a combination between heaven and a wedding. There are old nun-like women dressed in all white instead of black decorating it. The girl talks to the nuns about growing up or maturing. It gets blurry from there. I myself am not in the dream at all. All of the characters are strangers. The atmosphere was a mixture between very calm moments and very tragic moments.

2.My biology class is on a field trip to explore nature which just happens to be in the back yard of my old house. While the class is wandering through the woods exploring nature, there are several giant clusters of swarming bees, some high up in the air. At about treetop level one of my classmates is flying away from them. She is a centaur with wings. She lands on the ground and swats at them. In the backdrop of the bees there are men actually attacking her representing the bees. They appear almost like ghosts, being partially faded. While everyone was running away, the teacher came to the rescue and stomped on some of the bees. The dream was full of fear and chaos. Although it was my class and I knew all of the people in real life, including the girl who was a flying centaur, I was not a character in the dream.

3.There is a woman with short hair and very baggy pants who appears to look, and act in some ways, like a clown. She is running away from something. She is in front of a large class of children about ten to thirteen years old that look to her as if she is their teacher. The woman foolishly pulls her pants up over her head as if to hide. This scene seems to be amber tinted and a little dark and closed off much like a photo developing room. The woman then approaches a man who is her husband sitting at a table. The man is either my father or someone I have identified as my father due to similar looks, dress and attitude. But the woman is not my mother. Her husband is sitting at a table with a police officer. They are examining a dish of mashed potatoes that are burnt very slightly on the outer edge of the pan which is obviously not very important at all but the husband and the policeman talk like it is. The husband says that it is all her fault for leaving it in the oven too long. The woman then argues that it wasn't her fault and that it was the husbands fault; so on and so forth. Then the dream kind of rewinds and the woman asks the police officer to taste the potatoes arguing that they were cooked correctly and that the burnt part was expected in the outcome. The police officer agreed when he tasted them. This scene occurred not in a kitchen or dinning area as expected but in a classroom. When the woman began talking to them they all were standing up instead of sitting down at the table. After this scene a bell rings to end a class and a little girl asks to erase the board. The teacher says she can erase everything except for the dates but she accidentally erases some of them and stops in the December 19-21 zone. I don't know if this means anything or why I noticed such a small detail. There is no apparent connection between this date and Christmas break. Who knows, I may be predicting some future event that may be significant on this date. The little girl, even though it was an accident, explained to the teacher that she didn't go past that date because someone special was coming back on that day. All of these events happened inside of a school during most of the dream I believe I was acting out the clown woman character but I am not sure.

There are a lot more but I won't put them all here.

18. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I have wierd dreams, 2day i had sumthin tryin to kill me.. again:confused:

19. No day butoday

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have this recurring dream almost every night, where I'm walking through the grocery store, and then I fall. I'm still walking, but somehow, I'm falling. It's hard to explain o_e

20. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Its wierd my dreams hav nothin to do wiv my everyday lives like u guys:confused: :confused: :confused: