1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm falling in love with my friend

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MisterMissy, Mar 31, 2017.

1. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know a lot of threads have been written where this topic is a point of concern, but not in this case. For me, this is more of a wonderful development, but also something that I'm still kind of confused about.

You see, my friend, who is also Gay, came out just after he and I graduated from college back in 2015. So I knew he was gay for some time. Then, in October of last year, I started talking to him about my bisexual tendencies, and then eventually told him that I was pretty sure I was now gay just a short time ago, after I had joined EC. Upon telling him this, he expressed a profound pride over the fact that I had embraced this development.

Now, since that point, I had been preparing to start trying to find and date other Gay men in order to find the right guy for me, but began to think more and more about my friend here, because by all accounts, he's the perfect guy for me. He's been my best friend ever since I really got to know him back in college. He's been wonderfully supportive and thoughtful. He's fun to talk to and discuss things with. He's charming. Has a wonderful sense of humor. And he's a talented budding screen writer. Basically, he's everything I've ever wanted in a partner, man or woman.

In recent weeks, he and I have been making plans for me to come visit him in Atlanta where he lives and works, and we've slowly been flirting with each other. But... you could say my prayers were answered when, just the other night, I payed him a wonderfully touching and honest compliment about never enjoying anyone's company more than his, and he in turn said that there were so many things he wish he could do right now, but we're apart at the moment. And that just made me so happy.

So essentially, I now know that he has an interest in me in an emotional and sexual way. But on my end, I dunno, I just never thought things would feel so... subtle.

I thought that when I felt love or deep attraction for someone, that it would be this intense feeling of awe and fascination, and yet it really wasn't that way. I'm starting to feel more and more that way as I think more about him, and the possibilities of becoming intimate, but I can't tell if that's just my brain running away with itself, building him up in my imagination, or if I really am falling in love with him.

I feel that there's every reason to be in love with him, and I honestly want to be, I just wish it felt more clear to me. Because if I am, I want to be able to tell him, but in a way that won't intimidate him in any way. Cause I know he enjoys my company, and as I said, we've been flirting some lately, but I can't tell yet how deep his own feelings go. My hope is that I can figure that out once I see him.

Any thoughts.

#1 MisterMissy, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017