1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans* Drag Queens

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dyl pickle, Apr 2, 2017.

1. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just, curious, what are your opinions on drag queens who identify as female?

I personally think that if they're enjoying themselves, that's fine and I have nothing against it. If anything, it's just confusing to me because the "point" of a drag queen is that it is a male acting as a female. Of course it depends on the person, but would any of you be comfortable doing that?

2. Eyerene

I think it's fine as long as they're having fun.
    However, I do see your point in that it is supposed to be guys pretending to be ladies...
    But I have heard that being a drag queen/king has helped some people realize that they're trans.

I know this is more of a question directed at guys dressing as girls, but I think I'll answer anyway. I've cross-dressed before (for Halloween and my school's musical) and I'd like to do it again. It's a lot of fun, putting on a costume and being someone else. For a while there, I was actually seriously considering becoming a drag king, but then I realized that I'm pretty terrible at choreographed dancing... :lol:

I'd imagine it's a lot harder to go the other way, as a guy dressing up as a girl. There's much more pressure for men to be manly than for girls to be girly, because it's low-key disgraceful to be a girl in this society. Phrases like, "man up" and "stop being such a girl/pussy" perpetuate this idea.

3. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yeah i definitely get what you mean. all power to those who can do it man, i almost just can't see myself doing it often though. however, i'll take any excuse i can get to dress as a guy, since i don't really get to do that thanks to my parents xD

4. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea I think they're fine as long as they're having fun in what they do.

5. juxlia

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Like you said OP, as long as they're enjoying themselves that's great - although imo, if it's a drag queen that identifies as female/drag king that identifies as male, I'm not sure if I would consider it "drag" as the point is to dress as the opposite gender.