1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Entering Showbiz?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kyle Tristan, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Kyle Tristan

Kyle Tristan Guest

I just talked to an aunt that i haven't seen for in a long time. The thing is plans have come up that i will soon be living with my mom in California. So my aunt and i talked and talked about stuff and it came to a part wherein she asked me what i want to be when i grow up and i jokingly said that i want to become an actor(no negative comments please. i said jokingly. well, half-jokingly). She then gave me the number of the CAA(Creative Artists Agency) in Los Angeles. After that she said said she had to go but she will call back. Right now i'm thinking as to how starting or entering into the biz works. Should i try and contact the agency(or any agency that accepts unsolicited materials such as resume or whatever) and sign up or what? I don't think it's that simple but isn't that what agencies are for?:confused: This is a dumb question i know. Answer if you can though... please :icon_bigg

#1 Kyle Tristan, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
  2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know a few people in "the biz", although most work on the peripheries - behind the camera rather than in front of it. My ex-boyfriend got a few roles as extras on TV shows, but I think he's given that up now.

First things first. Have you done any acting in school plays or community theater?

Lex

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be prepaired for rejection. I studied actting for 5 years before getting an office job. It ain't no picnic.

4. Emberstone

rejection... I know you well for my searches for a literary agents. of course out of 6 rejections, only 2 of them could be counted as the bad kind, the others were personal rejections with praised from agents who felt it wasnt a right fit for what they prefer to represent.

I could never be in show biz. I don't have the confidence for it.

Being a writer is something that you dont get judged by your apperence, but simply by your writing, which you can refine and rewrite over and over until anyone gets to see it.

5. KaydeeJayde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A couple of my friends are with an agency in Melbourne, and to be accepted or represented by their agency they had to both hand in a resume and do a quick audition. I'm not 100% sure, but maybe you should be ready to do something like that.

Good luck!!

6. Emberstone

just keep the dream. Rejection is apart of being involved as a creative asset in any form of entertainment. acting, singing, dancing, film making, writing; each requires perserverance and the willingness to continue to grow and learn.