1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reflection time or "Me time"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LostLion, Apr 3, 2017.

1. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How many of you guys have reflection time or "me time" set aside once in a while to think about things or evaluate things in your own life?

I always occurred what I needed emotionally and personally until recently. I got a job in feb and moved away to a different place and finally have had some time to think about my life from my own personal lens.

When I was home from late fall to early january I had to hide my emotions and needs from my family (who is not LGBT-friendly) and when I was in college/grad school I felt like I had to live up to expectations I had set for myself around my friends.

Now that I'm in a different area of the country with very limited external pressures on me I can breathe a little more.

Been able to really think about my sexuality more and about what I want/need in life more. It's been an interesting time going through this process. Like I'm going through accepting myself all over again (not just about sexuality, but including that topic of course).

2. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have reflection time in which I think about doing the things I need to do to have a better life. I currently feel lost in life for a lot of reasons. So I want to figure it out.

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had a lot of that in the past couple years. Because I was unable to hold down employment, no longer in school, and still wedged halfway in the closet and halfway out, basically all I could do was (and is) to introspect.

Nowadays I meditate daily and try to live a controlled, intentional lifestyle. I lost so much time and potential through my adolescent years due to, at times crippling, depression and dysphoria.

I think everyone needs time to think and rest. If you don't do it intentionally at some point, your body and mind will eventually crash and you will be forced to.

4. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love me time. It's great for me to really start thinking about anything and everything, play video games, watch YouTube, just doing anything I love by myself is all it takes me to get in a better mood.

5. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for sharing, everyone.

I think I have experienced a lot of what you are all saying.

Definitely important to set aside some me-time. I never did in college and wound up in the hospital because of it. It's taxing and exhausting trying to grind through life without any purpose or emotional maturity.

I was thinking about going to an LGBT Bar and Grille near me but ultimately I wasn't ready to do something like that yet. In college I forced myself to go to a LGBT bar w/ my straight friends (I was only partially out to some of them at this point, people just liked going to that bar for drinks) and had a bad time.

So, this week off has helped me understand some aspects of myself a bit. Definitely much needed me-time./

6. caustic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My reflection time is usually when I'm laid in bed very late at night, trying to sleep.