1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying New Things

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by elijah91, Apr 22, 2009.

1. elijah91

elijah91 Guest

Hello Ec. As you all know I have posted many things about myself and have gotten tons of support from you all. But now I feel as though it is my turn to return the favor. Today I have with me a group that was started by a great friend, Andrea. The groups mission was to provide a place for any high school student to express themselves freely without the fear of prejudice, persecution, or being demeaned in any way, shape or form. The group is very informal, meeting once a week with a teacher involved, who upholds the confidentiality policy to the highest degree. The only exception is that you may not talk about harming yourself or others. (!)

This was made extremely clear before every meeting, and if said topic were to bring itself to light, the teacher, after reminding the student, would involve the proper officials(i.e. the counciling office) . It's not just the teacher who follows this policy, but the students as well. We believe that everyone has the freedom of expression, but we are all one family that desire to keep each other safe.

The group has benifited us all in it's own way. The group has allowed us to view each others opinons and perspectives on life and be able to adapt these ideologies into our everyday lives. The group has also provided a place where we can go and vent and be able to recieve helpful advice on how to change our negitives into positives. The group gives us highschoolers friends that we could trust and know that the day to day struggles that we face as individuals we don't have to go through alone. Withouth the group the individuals here would probably never have crossed paths outside the group. We never would have realized that we had so much in common. (&&&)

We wanted to extend our arms to Ec. Elijah91 will check back daily and if you have any thoughts you'd like to share or just topics you want advice on, we are here as a family and we care. (*hug*)

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mmmm, I'm not sure whether I am missing something here, but there is a whole section for support and advice on the site. I don't get why a support/advice thread would be needed in chat chit when there are forums dedicated to such situations. :confused: