1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice: Guys I date never romantically feel attracted to me.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ryan5154, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Ryan5154

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello everyone,

So basically after having a guy tell me the feelings he had for me was 'a great friendship' rather than romantic feelings, I have come to realise this is a very common occurrence for me. In fact it is the only occurrence that happens.

I am 21, and have been out and dating for nearly 3 years now. I know I am going to get the whole 'you are so young' and 'you have so much time' card thrown at you, but when you have been dating for 3 years and are yet to experience any sort of romance, you start to doubt this. Especially when all your friends seem to be able to meet someone.

I can get a guys number if I go to a bar/club, I can go on a successful first date, second date. But eventually guys always back away from me. And a lot of the time I am told that I have a fantastic personality and they'd love to be friends with me but they just don't feel 'it'.

So,

1) Is this just bad luck?
    2) Is there something I am doing wrong to kill any romantic vibes, and friendzone myself?
    3) Whats your overall opinion?

Thanks in advance!

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) It could be a wide number of things. From them not really being into the romance part, but are just looking for sex (not your fault); to them having low self esteem and thinking they're not good enough for you; to them just being assholes and not worth your time. It's anyone's guess to be honest. I could even have it all wrong myself, so yeah. No possible way for us to say for certain.

2) Well, we're not there to see how you interact with them. We're not there to see the texts and phone call exchanges, and we don't know you or what you're like as a person (apart from the dating scene). Again, it's anyone's guess

3) I also get friendzoned a lot, and like you, I feel like I'm doing something wrong, or that I just have terrible luck. Truth is, neither you, me or anyone else in the same boat have "bad luck". Maybe we're not everyone's cup of tea and that's OKAY because maybe they like coffee (Sorry, couldn't resist). Jokes aside, don't beat yourself up over it. There's a saying that I hear/read quite often. It goes, "One day someone will walk into your life and make you realise why it never worked out with anyone else". Sooo, don't lose hope.

Yes, you're still young, but that says nothing about your dating abilities. It just means that you still have a lot of time to work on yourself and meet new people. It will be ok, I promise. You are worthy, and I'm sure you have a lot of love to give. Just don't give up. Hey, you have 3 years' dating experience, which is more than most of us can say. You will find the right person if you keep doing what you're doing. And if you still think it's something you're doing wrong, then do some self-searching to find out WHAT you're doing wrong, if anything. Stay strong, you've got this. (*hug*)