1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Post - My Coming Out Story

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chronos, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Chronos

Chronos Guest

Hey everyone!
    I just signed up to this site and it looks like a pretty nice place for a shy bi guy like myself... I was thinking about what to put as my first post and this came to mind. I mean, its probably one of the more relatable topics for our community, so why not right?

It was only 16 days ago... (I'm not too far out of the closet :dry:slight_smile: and my family and I were on spring break in Puerto Rico. I had been trying to think of a way to explain the concept of swinging both ways to my manly dad and media driven mother while sitting at a restaurant on the beach. I was sitting there, trying to keep a cool head, missing my boyfriend back home, while my parents try and get me to hit on the restaurant's hostess...

"If you smile at her, we'll get our table faster...!"
    "I don't understand why you can't deal with girls bud! Go out there!"
    ...and comments of a similar nature. Of course keeping all my feelings inside my closet was paining me, and my parents could tell something was up. I finally blurted out "I'm bisexual okay!" Only I forgot the date.... it was April 1st....

That's right, my parents thought me coming out of the closet was an April Fool's Joke... :tears:
    I had to sit there and explain to them that it wasn't an April Fools Joke... so that made everything THAT much worse...

Anyways, as a nice way to start a discussion in a new community. What's your coming out story? Was yours better than mine? Worse? If your still in the closet then what are your fears for coming out?

Nice to be part of a new community, and I hope you all have a nice rest of your day! :smilewave

2. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not out to my parents, but I am to some of my friends and acquaintances. It can be annoying because I always get asked by my friends why I haven't told my parents yet and they judge me for being "secretive" telling me stuff like "If I were you, I would've told my parents by now, are you ever gonna tell them?" and I know they're just curious as to why I've haven't but it can be annoying because it can feel like I have to keep justifying my life choices. :dry:

It's not that I fear coming out, I don't, it's just... the time has never felt right, you know? I've come close to coming out before but something just felt off.. :confused: