1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pride merch sites?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlexJames, Apr 18, 2017.

1. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not going to pride cause festivals aren't my thing, but I'd love to at least own some pride merch. But cause mom's very openly homophobic i gotta introduce it like this...mom and sister are going on vacation for a week this summer, so if i buy it and it comes in by then i can wear it that week. Cause (1) i want pride merch, and (2) i can test dad's reaction without having to open up the conversation myself. I know brother is openly homophobic too but he's not really my concern cause he's rarely home to begin with. Dad has an 'if it doesn't affect me i don't really care' reaction about almost everything of this sort, so i'm pretty sure he won't really care all that much even if i came out to him. My sister is religious to an extent but she also watches and makes fanart for the popular gay anime Yuri on Ice so i don't know that she would be judgmental either. But i have a distant relationship w/ her ATM and i feel like outting myself to her would be a cheap play to get her back if that makes sense.

What are some good sites that have a lot of designs, and make good, quality merch? STOP-Homophobia followed me on twitter so i checked them out and looked at their stuff, and I've perused other sites too, i just want opinions from those who have bought and worn pride merch before. I like shirts, grocery bags, small canvas bags (i use one for work as a purse atm), and necklaces. Also...i'm a really small person. I'm literally like just under 5ft tall and i weight like 105-110. So the sizes have to go small enough that they fit me well and not like an oversized dress. I had a few pride necklaces picked out that i'd love love love to buy and wear but i don't think wearing one is a good idea while i'm financially dependent on my mother's hospitality and am without a way of escaping her. Dad cannot be depended on to protect me. IDK why i even want pride merch i just do. Like...i'm not out and its just a shirt so its testing with a little bit of pride mixed in there. I accept myself and i'm at a point where i want everyone else to, too, but i can't be fully out for now.

#1 AlexJames, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2017
  2. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Do you have a Target store near you?
    Apparently some of them are selling pride merch now!
    I haven't checked at my local store, but I plan to, just to see what/if they have.
    (I'd be way too uncomfortable to actually buy anything though, especially at a store close to home)

3. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Etsy has some ''friendship bracelet'' bands in patterns of the different L.G.B.T.+