1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who should I vote for in the general election?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kablam999, Apr 18, 2017.

1. kablam999

It will be my first General Election and I'm really not sure who to vote for, just wondering what you guys think.

2. RedTrekkie95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's my first election as well. I'm not 100% sure who I'll be voting for yet, but it will definitely not be UKIP.

You could try this link to see who shares your values: https://uk.isidewith.com/en/political-quiz It's not the most reliable, but it's fun nevertheless if you have some free time. :slight_smile:

3. Twisted777

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    NOT UKIP!

Now that that's out of the way, I voted conservative last time and regret it - I was a lib-dem while walking to the polling booth, picked up the pencil as a lib-dem, then put a big cross next to 'conservative'...won't be happening again (I voted remain, and actually quite liked some of what Cameron was doing - that's all gone to hell now).

I actually joined the liberal democrat party today, gave them £6 (I'm a student, so it's half price) and answered a few questions (interestingly; the first survey where I've given my sexuality). I regret not voting for them last time, I'm going to this time.

I'm a centrist, with a few slightly left wing views, and a few slightly right wing ones - I think the lib-dems represent me quite well.

May is probably still going to be in power afterwards (polls are saying she might even strengthen her majority), I'm glad we get a chance to actually vote for/against her - something we didn't get post brexit.

Corbyn couldn't run a bath, labour is a shambles and has been nothing but bad news since '97. Blair started a war, Brown shafted the economy and now the party is basically useless against a Tory majority.

Green have no hope, they've got a few okay policies, but it's a bit of a wasted vote.

SNP might take the final few Scottish seats (should be interesting if indyref2 ever comes about).

There's no way the lib-dems will win, or even come second - there's even talk of another coalition with the Tories, but I doubt May will lose her majority. I hope the LD's get a few more seats - it was a bit of a humiliation last time, they had barely any and still managed to lose some. No idea what Tim Farron is like though. Oddly enough, I go to uni in Clegg's constituency, maybe he'll pop up trying to win some votes (although I reckon his seat is safe).

Random thought, my local MP is Gay - but also labour, so I'm voting against him.