1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is/are the best way(s) you've come out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MewDew, Apr 21, 2017.

1. MewDew

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I thought there would be a thread for this, but my search didn't come up with any results.

So, what is the best way you've come out? My two favorites were quite recently.

A few weeks ago, we were learning about genetics in science class, and our teacher was discussing the difference between heterozygous and homozygous genotypes. He ended up using "homosexual" and "heterosexual" to remember the difference in the terms based on the roots. The boy across from me jokingly called the person next to me gay, and I said: "I'm gayer". He gave me a confused look until I said "I'm not joking", to which he replied, "Wait, so you're really gay?" I thought it was pretty funny.

The other one happened just today, and the person I came out to was actually the first guy's girlfriend (let's call her G). My asexual friend (L) had some rainbow candy and said: "I'm gay enough to eat this". Then she gave some to me because I'm even gayer. Then G asked for some and my friend said: "You're not gay enough" (In a joking way: G is a close friend of L and me). G was confused for a few seconds, and then suddenly her face lit up as she understood.

So, what is the best way that you've come out?

2. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was laughing over a message my then best friend had sent me (something like she said 'shut it or i'll bite you' and I said 'who says I wouldn't like it) my dad asked me what i was laughing at and i wouldn't show him, so he looked me dead in the eyes and shut the door, then farted. So I showed him what we had been saying, he turned around and said 'you can't call yourself heterosexual after that' I laughed, opened the door and walked past saying 'Never said I was' I got upstairs and realised what I had said. Ten minuets later, he threw open my door and yelled 'WHERE ARE MY GRAND KIDS YOU MUFF MUNCHER' best reaction yet XD

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, I know. I was still a baby trans kid and I leaned on a friend (who I'm now married to) for support. This was during the time when Adam was just being introduced to Degrassi, so it was something we ended up bonding over. When I told him I was trans he was like "no shit, you too?" and that just brought our then bromance to a whole new level.

4. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yuri your dad is freaking awesome!

5. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Seven out of the nine times I've come out were pretty much on accident.

I guess the funniest way I've come out was with a post on Instagram and my coworker saw it. I forgot I'd added him on Instagram.