1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Relatable Nail

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chronos, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Chronos

Chronos Guest

A while ago I was helping my Dad repair our deck, so my job was to pull nails out of old boards with a claw hammer. For the most part it went okay, until I found this one nail...
    It was kinda curvy, so I was having trouble getting it out of the board. Out of frustration, I yelled out "Why can't you be straight!". Directly after saying it I realized what I had said. Those were the exact words my father said to me not long after I came out. I sat there contemplating the metaphorical consequences of yanking out a nail, that in a sense represented my relationships with family. Apparently I was thinking about it to hard, because my Dad came over, beat the nail straight with a mallet, then yanked it out for me. Due to all the metaphorical and ironic meaning behind that nail, I sat there petrified for like 5 minutes...

2. analogue

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say that to a lot of inanimate objects, and every single time I give an inside chuckle.

It's interesting how something like a bent nail can have such a metaphorical meaning, and some sort of impact on your life.

3. Chronos

Chronos Guest

I know right! Its the little things that get me. Like when your teacher says "Okay, sit down in a straight line over here" and I'm like "Unlike me... :tears:"

4. thatcelloguy

One time I made a plate of spaghetti, and my sister said it was about as straight as me. I laughed.

5. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a straightening hair conditioner, sometimes I think it doesn't work at all.