1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do your friends know about your crush?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by A unicorn, Apr 25, 2017.

1. A unicorn

Guys if you have just come out to your friends don't you wanna talk to them all day about your crush?? I have become too excited since I told them. It was the first day that I kinda confirmed that my crush may be actually interested too and now I can't stop. Haha they accepted it so now all I wanna do is talk to them about this girl and what to do and cause they are girls too the advice seems so much more genuine. For whoever hasn't told their close friends ( unless in your case they are your crush hehe) just tell them you'll feel so liberated and supported !!!
    Is it only me or it happens to everyone? Tell me :slight_smile:

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey A unicorn,

I understand where you coming from completely. However, what I have found is that I have to be equally sensitive to my friend's sensibilities. ALL of my straight friends have been totally accepting of my bisexuality. I truly recognize how fortunate I am in that regard. However, while most of them are completely happy to talk to me about my opposite sex attractions/relationships (even though a couple don't want to talk about this stuff at all), only a few are willing to talk to me about same-sex attractions/relationships. It's not their fault, it's just how they feel and I respect that about them. They are no less my friends, they just have 'limits' on what they are 'comfortable' with when I want to discuss my attractions/relationships with them. I will tell you, though, that I often tend to push those boundaries with the ones that try to limit me to same-sex discussions. I'm not trying to break the friendships - not in the least. I just want to try to get them more 'used' to it if/when I want to talk freely about a same-sex attraction/relationship.

I don't know if that helps...

3. A unicorn

I completely understand what you do with the ones that are less comfortable and I think I did that too with the only one that was less happy than the others about what I said hehe. Maybe I will adjust later too cause it's only been less than a week so I am too excited to stop

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, A unicorn, I totally hear you! And, yeah, it does take time after the excitement of finally Coming Out to coming back to a new 'norm' with your friends. It's not a problem, but you should just be aware of which of your friends are completely comfortable with it and which are less comfortable. It tends to be easier for some people to accept you for who you truly are because they KNOW you. But, they can still be uncomfortable when you actually express yourself, especially in terms of comments or actions that are same-sex related.

It's not good. It's not bad. It just is. And for those of your friends that are uncomfortable with it for now, you just have to work (slowly) to educate them and get them used to the idea that you have some same-sex attractions and, no, you aren't are freak or an abomination. You're still just their same friend, but they know something much more personal and private about your now and slowly they can modify their societally-ingrained prejudices to be much more accepting of the LGBTQ community.

5. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I became closer to one friend of mine just because I needed to talk to someone about a crush I had some time ago. So yeah, nowadays he's my confidante (and the only one who knows about some of my experiences).