1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First tattoo?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by artition, Apr 26, 2017.

1. artition

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do you want to be your first tattoo, or what was your furst tattoo and was there significance?

I have always wanted the universe etched into my skin because I believe the universe is the ultimate extension of my existence. It is vast and beautiful with much to offer and lots to see. I admire it so much I want it with me, on me. Otherwise I would get rainbow dots to represent my true self.

2. theladyinblack

When I was in highschool, and my mom got sick, it was really hard, but there was this philosophy quote called the Tetrapharmakos:

"Don't fear God, Don't worry about death, What is good is easy to get, What is terrible is easy to endure"

It really resonated with me, because I guess it was sort of about radical acceptance, and I needed that in my life. And it sort of became a life philosophy.

So when my brother overdosed, and my mom got sick again, it was hard, but I remembered that quote, and I got the word "Tetrapharmakos" tattooed on my right arm about 3' long, 1/4' thick. It was a nice reminder to find the good even in bad times.

3. DarkWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definetly want something with a ying and yang. I love the symbolism, it also suits me very well. And black and white - practically it´s a definition of every person´s personality. I love it xd

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My first tattoo was a Pug. I got the pug as a sort of memorial tattoo for my mom. She told me to never get a cheesy memorial tattoo for her when she passed. So, I got a creative one. It is a pug with a spool of carmera film behind it. I have an image of it on my profile. My mom and I both loved video and photography. The pug is actually modeled after my mom's dog Zoey.

5. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have one yet, but I'd like to get the Greek word ποίημα (poema) on my wrist. It means "masterpiece" and is where we get our word "poem" from. Kind of saying that my life is a work of art and unique, while also pointing to the theme of being God's workmanship.

6. BikerRose

Mine is a single rose with a scroll wrapped around the stem with my children's names on.

7. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first tattoo was a Celtic sun. No real personal significance.

However I have two lines of poetry that mean a lot. Think they were my fourth.

I want a kick ass grim reaper as a tribute to my dad which is kinda ironic as he hated tattoos on women (tho I no longer identify as one)

#7 Worker Bee, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2017
  8. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ποίημα means poem in modern greek, but metaphorically it could also mean masterpiece. It comes from the verb "ποιώ" which means "to create" and in ancient greek it meant "creation" in general. Also ποιητής (poetes) means poet, but it's also used in the more archaic phrase "ποιητής ουρανού και γης" (creator of sky and earth) to refer to God. I don't want to sound like a teacher but I had to give my two cents. :lol:

My first and only tattoo to this day is a little crescent moon on my ankle. I don't like explaining its meaning but it has a long one. I like tattoos but I can't find something as meaningful as that and I don't want to get something without a deep meaning (yes, one of those people).

9. Vael

I love tattoos, and have wanted to get some done for years (I should really get around to it). For my first, there's a quote from Paradise Lost that I want to get on my right arm.

10. timo

Man. I've always wanted to get a tattoo, but I never knew what to get. I already have a specific place in mind but still don't know what I want to have. I've had so many ideas, but they never stick. But I will get a tattoo some day.

11. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm still trying to find the time to actually go and get my tattoo as I have it planned.
    it's going to be a radiation warning sign in a splatter manner + the chemical symbol and atomic mass of radium.
    don't ask me why.

12. BostonStranger

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm thinking about getting a tattoo of my great-grandfather's concentration camp prisoner number and red triangle (which distinguished resistance members from other prisoners). And maybe a tattoo of my family's coat of arms, though I have no idea where I'd put it.

13. annag423

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Years ago I was part of this other forum and the people there got me through a really rough bout with depression. We used to have these totally random discussions, and one day somebody asked if we were a Scottish clan what would the clan crest be. Someone else, who was an artist, said give me a day or two and I'll draw it. So they did, and it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I promised myself that would be my first tattoo whenever the opportunity came, and it was.

I just got my second one last night, which is based off my username on that forum.