1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question to people who think all lesbians are butch

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tre, May 9, 2017.

1. Tre

Tre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So there's quite a few people who kind of think all lesbians are butch. Those same people also seem to think all lesbian couples are butch/femme. My question to them is: "What do you consider the more feminine girl in a lesbian couple?"

2. theladyinblack

I think most people who think that way assume that the "femme" in the couple is not really a lesbian.

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's the same people who buy into all stereotypes and believe fake news. They see all lesbians as "butch", all gay men as "glittery queens" and all bi people as "fickle and greedy". :rolle: Logic and reason has passed them by.

4. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think you will find any of those people here, so I doubt there is anyone to answer your question.

5. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mother used to think like that. She thought "true lesbians" are butch and have a "male brain" and feminine girls in lesbian relationships are straight, they just see their girlfriends as "boyfriends" because they're so masculine. We saw Blue is the Warmest Colour together and she told me "you're not a true lesbian, like Emma, who thinks like a boy, you're more like Adele, who is just into masculine figures". Anyway, I've educated her quite a lot since then, but you get the whole mentality. As theladyinblack said, those people don't consider feminine lesbians to be lesbians. Hell, they don't even think that bisexual girls exist, and they also tend to confuse trans men with butch lesbians. It's a mess.