1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk about virginity

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AJ56, May 12, 2017.

1. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been wanting to make a thread like this. I am almost 20 and a virgin. I've actually never even kissed a guy before. The closest I have ever gotten is when this guy kissed me on the cheek.

What about you? Are you still a virgin? If not, when did you lose it? Did you regret it later on? Would you be ok with dating a virgin?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you still a virgin? Yes

If not, when did you lose it? N/A

Did you regret it later on? Haven't done anything, but sometimes I regret not doing it since I'm considered way too old to be a virgin at this point.

Would you be ok with dating a virgin? I'd prefer it actually, since I like having matched experience. I'd probably prefer dating a non-virgin if I was also one for the same reason.

Also, don't worry too much because a 20 year old virgin isn't extremely unusual in some places.

#2 Creativemind, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know, I think guys (more so than girls) are really stressed out about being virgins. The reality is, nobody who is worth dating is going to care if you're a virgin or not. (And the ones who will... you generally don't want to be with, as they take some perverse joy out of "deflowering" virgins.)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with waiting for the right person and right time to have sex. Whether it's at 16 or 36. And no one who is a caring person will judge.

What is pretty clear if you look through the message archive here is that an awful lot of people who simply had a hookup for the purpose of losing their virginity were later pretty unhappy with that decision. It generally isn't fulfilling, and often people end up feeling sort of used in the deal.

4. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are you still a virgin? No

When did you lose it? 15...it sounds so horrible lol we'd been dating almost a year at that point though.

Did I regret it? No

Would you be okay with dating a virgin? Yes.

5. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not a virgin, I lost my virginity during my teen years. Did I regret it? Yes and no, I wanted my first time to be more special. It turned out to be really sleazy. lol

I'll be 29 soon and I still meet virgins around my age, so no I wouldn't mind dating one.

#5 justin88, May 12, 2017
  6. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with Chip, it isn't a thing to be so hung up on one way or the other. I was pretty indifferent when I "lost" mine. It wasn't as awesome as I was led to believe nor was it as awkward or uninspiring as I also was led to believe the first time could be. It was more like an "oh, so that's what its like" thing.

I was 13 and I don't regret it, even if it was kind of meh.

As for dating someone who has not, that is the least of the things I am concerned about. Who they are as a person is more important than if they have their V card still.

#6 Shorthaul, May 12, 2017
  7. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am virgin. I had my first kiss with another female at maybe, 5 or 6. Then again, that might actually be wrong. I may have actually been in elementary. Oh well, let's just say I had my first kiss when I was young. I don't recall ever kissing a male. Your first kiss is a big deal and I'm pretty sure I would have remembered something like that. I think it would be pretty hypocritical of me if I were to refuse dating someone on the basis of them being a virgin.

8. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could not have said it better.

9. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are you a virgin? yup
    Would you consider dating a virgin? yup (especially since 16yr old virgins are really common anyway—either way is fine tho)

10. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with CHip hook ups are not that great.

Wait for someone you want to be with.

I am not a virgin. I got married at 21. She was the first person I was with.

11. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you still a virgin? No

If not, when did you lose it? I'm not sure. If oral sex counts, give and receive, I "lost" it at 16. If you only count penetration, at 18. If you count the first time i actually enjoyed it, at 20. Some days ago I had sex with a girl for the first time (I'm 21), and it also felt like a "first". I feel it's a process, not just "losing it".

Did you regret it later on? Hmm yes. My first time was awful, I almost forced myself into it, to be done with it. I remember going to the toilet right before and saying to myself "come on, you can do it, it will be over soon". I felt like I owed it to my boyfriend at the time, and I felt guilty for not feeling like it and for being afraid, if it would hurt etc. I had also been called a prude before. It hurt like a bitch but I took it. The next day I made the mistake to tell the guy I was happy I wasn't a virgin anymore (mostly cause finally I wasn't afraid of sex and I wasn't a "prude", and because I knew I was able to please someone), and he accused me of having used him to get rid of my virginity. So it was a fucked up situation because I was immature. But I wouldn't say it "traumatized" me.

Would you be ok with dating a virgin? Yes, of course, why not. Many people at my age haven't had sex yet. I don't consider myself to be experienced either. If we like each other, we'll figure things out together.

#11 Dryad, May 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2017
  12. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was 21. I don't remember the occasion at all. I would date a virgin. I have no issues at all. I would be interested in the woman her experience would be completely irrelevant to me. However if it was her first time I would do my damned best to make it special for her.

#12 Worker Bee, May 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2017
  13. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am also almost 20 and a virgin. It would be nice to have a love life, but I feel I am too young to be worried about losing my virginity.

14. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I'm still a virgin and I think I'd actually prefer to date another virgin, for the same reason as Creativemind.

15. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I lost mine when I was 24. I don't regret it at all, he gave me a good experience and even though our relationship didn't work out we decided to stay friends.

And yes I would be fine with dating a virgin. Inexperience isn't a bad thing

16. BostonStranger

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am still a virgin, though I have kissed both men and women. I get the pressure, but I don't feel like I have to rush things. I care more about a having a healthy romantic and emotional relationships than casual sex.

17. artition

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not a virgin. I lost it this year on February 16 after we left a volleyball game and went to my house. I did not regret it at all. She was a virgin too. So I wouldn't mind dating a virgin at all. I don't necessarily think it matters that much to me.

18. zappa

I am not a virgin.
    I was 16 when I lost my virginity. It's kind of a weird story. It was when I was still unsure whether I was bisexual or gay. One of my friends (who was openly gay) asked if I wanted to experiment. My parents weren't home, so he came over. It started off just kissing and caressing, but we ended up getting really aroused, and five minutes later I was no longer a virgin.
    That first time was a bit awkward to be quite honest, but I got used to it. And now he's my boyfriend, so I definitely don't regret it.
    I wouldn't mind dating a virgin, as long as he was a really nice guy. I have friends who are virgins, and that's fine.

19. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm an ancient virgin, but that doesn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that nobody has ever had the slightest interest in me. Aside from embarrassment caused by not fitting societal norms, I'm not ashamed that I haven't had sex. I know I have the personality type where I would regret it if it wasn't with someone I really cared about, and nobody I've liked has liked me back so at least I can say I haven't done anything I regret.

To answer the original question, yes, I would absolutely date a virgin. It would be hypocritical of me to say otherwise, but honestly I think I'd even prefer it. I think it would be incredibly special to be the first person someone felt comfortable being intimate with.

20. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Are you still a virgin? Yes I am, along with that I've never even kissed anyone (guy or girl)
    Would you be ok with dating a virgin? Yes I absolutely would be ok with that, and I might even prefer it...