1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I regret coming out to my friend..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ladystarburst, May 13, 2017.

1. ladystarburst

Yesterday my friend and I got into a conversation about sexual orientation, and she came out to me. She still doesn't exactly know what she identifies with yet, but she's okay with the idea of it. For some unknown reason, I thought it was safe to come out to her. I've only come out to 3 people, and I don't regret any like I do with her.
    Okay now, she is one of my closest friends and it isn't a trust issue or anything, it's just every time I think about it I get sick to my stomach and have to stop. I'm thinking maybe it's because I kept asking her not to tell anyone (I don't think she will, but of course I'm not her so I can't say for sure) and she kept telling me to embrace it. I do, just not where we are. For a bit of background, we live in the most conservative christian place I could imagine. Everyone liberal, LGBT, atheist, colored or anything different leaves because you can not live comfortably here being yourself. Both of my siblings left, and I plan to leave to an urban setting asap, but I'm a teenager and I still have a couple years left. That might be why I'm so nervous about anyone knowing, but I just don't know what to do or why I'm nervous..

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I think your nerves are totally understandable. From what you have said my guess would be that the reason you feel so nervous having told this girl is because she seems to have such a relaxed carefree attitude towards she sexuality and I think that probably makes you more nervous that she will be more likely to tell someone. Try not to worry too much. I am sure she won't tell anyone.

3. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with your assessment.

4. My friend outed me.