1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ruby Dragon, May 17, 2017.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I heard on the radio this morning that today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia (they added intersex to it). The DJ who spoke about this, is gay himself and he's very open about all LGBT stuff, much to the "horror" of homophobes :grin:

I think it's an awesome day, and ought to be celebrated some way or another. So...how do you guys plan to spend the day? I have to work, unfortunately, or I'd spend it wearing my rainbow tie and maybe even my Pride shirt. But it won't be accepted at home, since I live with a bunch of homophobes :confused: Anyway, I will just celebrate quietly within myself :icon_sad:

2. Friendly

Friendly Guest

Hey, thanks for sharing, I didn't know about today
    And I'm sorry to hear about the fact that you're living with homophobes
    I'll spend my day like a normal one. actually, I think I'm gonna buy myself an ice-cream to celebrate that this wonderful warm day exists (excuse to eat ice-cream when having a cold :lol: )

3. LonerGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is a local community event here on the weekend that I'm planning to attend. I'm not out & haven't been to a LGBT+ event before but I'm hoping to meet new people if my anxiety doesn't get the best of me :confused:

4. DarkWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for info, I didn't know either. Well I guess I'll buy myself some candy. Unfortunately I can't celebrate it, mainly because I have to pack my things since I'm going on one great event. I can't wait :grin: And good luck meeting new people, I know how anxiety sucks but you can do it :slight_smile:

5. Pinkerton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wasn't even aware of this until I saw in trending on Twitter. Probably would've done something had I been aware of it ahead of time, but meh. Bi Visibility Day isn't too far away.

6. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just had a massive argument with my mother over homophobia/biphobia yesterday. What a coincidence.

It's time us LGBT+ souls stopped being treated like circus freaks or lepers. My mother doesnt want me anywhere near her kids, because I'm bi. Why the hell can't these people move into the 21st century I don't know.

Happy IDAHTB everyone :slight_smile: *HUGS*

7. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It's too late since the day is over. But I'm still going to look up LGBT topics. There is this cool website has LGBT articles on a daily basis. It is a LGBT news site. I would recommend this site to anyone who has an interest in LGBT issues and news stories.

8. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw that too when I woke up yesterday and since it was 1 day after I came out to the first person ever, I did a very happy dance party in my room :slight_smile:

9. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

This is pretty awesome, thanks for sharing! I honestly had no idea about it, but I am excited for June (it being LGBTQ+ pride month and all). If I would have known earlier today, I would have tried to recognize it, or celebrate it, or spread the word....but happy International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, & Biphobia (as well as any other sexuality/gender related phobias that might be perpetuated out there in this big bad world). Stay proud, and stay strong; you are all beautiful humans. :thumbsup: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

10. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh I had no idea at all.
    But yeah I don't care about homophobes.

11. poltergirl

my school's GSA group threw a gay pride parade at my school last wednesday, may 17. they had rainbow cupcakes, face painting (i made them paint rainbow tears coming from my face and NO ONE NOTICED AT WHAT I WAS HINTING AT THERE,) & we walked around blocks with flags and stuff like that. it was awkward, because before the parade the GSA leaders gave a speech about how someone beside you could be LGBT and they deserve acceptance too, I WAS SHIFTING UNCOMFORTABLY IN MY SEAT BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS. anyhow, happy international day against homophobia, transphobia, & biphobia & stay proud!

12. LonerGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's great you were able to get involved & help celebrate the day :slight_smile:

Well amazingly I got past my anxiety enough to attend the IDAHTB event in my town. Admittedly I did watch from across the park for around 30 mins (in a totally non-creepy stalker-ish way :redface: lol) before I psyched myself up to walk over & join in. I spoke to a few people & everyone seemed welcoming. I still felt my usual social awkwardness & anxiety so didn't really speak unless spoken to, but I'm glad I made that first step. Hopefully I will feel more comfortable going to more events in the future.