1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gaydar, bear with me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by paco, Apr 28, 2009.

1. paco

paco Guest

i know this is a kinda cliche subject, but yeah, i'm gonna talk about gaydar

i feel like girls can sorta just sense that i'm gay, but its like they cant quite put their finger on what's different about me. most girls i meet flirt with me, but i dont think any have actually liked me (not that i really care) and im not bad looking. but im curious.. has anyone else noticed disinterest from the opposite sex?

2. RaRa

I hang out with girls most of the time, and I am kinda like their "gay" friend, without them knowing the "gay" part. :/

3. djt820

The opposite sex doesnt want anything to do with me though Im sure a small minority can sense some peculiar behavior in me.

4. qisforquinton

Yeah, I agree with what RaRa said.

5. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The group of kids I spend most of my time with has a reputation for being "the group that gay guys make friends with to avoid harassment". It kinds of goes without saying that most of the guys in the group are gay, so the girls don't really bother hitting on any of them unless they've made their sexuality perfectly clear.

6. GhostDog

I... honestly have no idea. I'm so bad at picking up signals, though I really don't think I've even been so much as hit on in a while. But whenever I interact with dudes, I tend to react by acting as decidedly gruff and nonchalant as I can, for whatever reason (not sure I mean to act that way, but I feel really nervous interacting with most guys if I'm acting girly). Even if they don't pick up "queer" they probably pick up "not interested"? I dunno!

Suffice it to say that I do not have the problem of guys fighting over me, haha. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Melissa

I'm like that too. ^^;

8. Cracked Actor

I'm also around girls most of the time... but they don't know I'm bi. Nor guys know.

9. Just Adam

my gaydar works well i can also tell if others know im gqay.. never met a woman who knew lol

10. silentsound

nope...boys will flirt with me with no idea that I'm gay. As far as "liking" me, I know three for sure, other than that I guess it's possible there have been others, idk. It's not like I get flirted with 24/7 or anything.

11. Just Adam

its just because your irresistible :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: hehe

12. paco

paco Guest

maybe its different for girls, cause guys would flirt with a rock if it had a nice rack haha...or i could just be wrong :shrug:

13. Noah

I get hit on a lot by girls, especially at work (I work in a mall).
    As for the girls I know, most are just friends and I'm out to all of them. It may be a different story when I go to college...

14. ELusiveMuse

ELusiveMuse Guest

I'm quite straight acting and almost all my friends are straight guys so can often get mistaken, it takes my complete lack of interest in flirting to put off any girls who come on to me, though surprisingly a few have kept on regardles (something about being unlike most guys who are only after one thing :grin:) but a few female friends have often wondered...

15. Just Adam

* looks at noah .... i can see why they like you* ..... shit i typed that out loud :'( oh well lalala :slight_smile:

16. Alex19

my gaydar works maybe, 20-25% of the time. dont know how, but it must have malfunctioned somehow... and some girls have liked me in the past but i obviously didnt feel the same way towards them. but some of (like, 2) my gf's know im gay and we are like the 3 muskateers. at least, thats what i call us.

17. littledinosaurs

When people first thought i was gay i had all guy friends so i don't think that the opposite sex always has a better way of knowing.
    *shrug*
    but generally guys who have more girl friends are assumed gay by everyone, not just those girls.

18. Roralo

Roralo Guest

THIS.

Except not really cause a lot of them do know. Ha ha. So many of them are beyond shocked when I told them, and a number of them forget. "No way, but you don't like shopping!""But you don't like musicals!""REALLY? But you don't have the 'accent'"But besides that my 'gaydar' is as broken as hell unless the person is so flaming that they set the curtains aflame. I mean, I didn't notice guys hitting on me on......five different occasions, all pointed out afterwards by my friends. But yes, girls do kind of recognize the gayness. They say its the politeness, ability to work with girls. Mmm.

19. J Schuelke

Quite the opposite really for me. I've found some girls are interested in me up to the point till the find out I am gay. I remember writing a post on here somewhere about a girl that was hitting on me in best buy and she was totally into me until I politely turned her down.