1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating for the first time: Help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Who cares, May 20, 2017.

1. Who cares

So trough a mutual friend I've gotten to know a guy (We're both 16. He might be 17 but I fill 17 in june so no problem). Well, know and know, We've sent snaps to each other for 4 days now. Though there are some things I've noticed, and im not quite sure if hes interested or not

Whenever he replies, he adds alot of smilies at the end, either :slight_smile: or :slight_smile:) or :slight_smile::slight_smile:. He doesen't always reply to my messages either, though from research it would seem as sending more than 3 messages a day, or continuing to send messages when he doesen't reply is a very very bad Idea. We've had some snapping "streaks" where we send alot of messages back and forth, but its usually just once a day and then there is nothing for like 6 hours before the "Good night" message comes.

I did once send him a good night snap saying "Nighty-Night handsome :wink:)". Not sure if I shot myself in the foot there but he didnt really seem to mind. Now well here comes the weird thing. While I was at our mutual friend, I asked him Whats up. He didn't reply. Maybe its because I've sent the same Whats up message like five times already?

I then took a picture of our mutual friend and sent it to him to which he replied. I then asked if he wanted to hang out sometime, and he said yes! But I dont know if he like felt pressured to do so because he didn't want to "piss" off our mutual friend by turning me down? I think I also made the mistake of not asking when we could hang out, only if he wanted to, but Ill try ask him if he's available next week because he had to do something this weekend.

I think I also made the mistake of checking my phone every 3 god damn seconds after sending him a message waiting for him to reply. From more research, opening a snapchat after like 3 seconds of recieving it shows that im very desperate, and even more so if I reply quicky. Im not sure if he's playing hard to get, but this is exactly what he's doing to me. He often takes like 15-30 minutes to even open my snapchat. And if he actually replies he uses like 5-7 minutes.

So with some context of the Situation, I have some Questions:

• With the clues that has been given, does he seem interested or not?
    • What are som absolute Do's and don't when dating another gay? Aside from not spamming him with snaps or text messages.
    • What is the best place to take another person for the first date? A walk? Eating at Mc Donalds? The Cinema?
    • Any other general advise would be appreciated

Thanks!

#1 Who cares, May 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2017
  2. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    1: Do you know if he use smily when sending messages to you friend?
    Most people tend to add smilys when interested.
    2: I don't know if this is useful but:
    Good thinks are
    Be one time. Otherwise it looks like you don't care (which i know you do:icon_bigg)
    When you get a compliment say thanks. Don't make a big deal of it.
    Ask him and let him ask you about stuff. Think of youself as a detective whitout going overboard.
    To safe these stuff to talk about should the conversation dry out:
    Funny storys about childhood/family. Favorit food. Favorit animals.

Keep it light and don't talk about too serious stuff like political or bad news on tv.
    Bad thinks are
    Only talk about youself.
    Dressing in too skin revealing clothes.
    Talk about you dreamhouse, kids and stuff like that.
    Gossip about other people or complain. So if the food/movie is bad don't make a big deal of it.

3: Find out what he likes, then it's a given. Animal=the zoo. Photograph=photo gallery.
    Everyone likes it when the other person know what they are into.

Other advise:
    Should he not known you are Bi, maybe don't tell him yet.
    Don't be too easygoing, let him move closer to you.
    Tell youself you aren't nervous, convince youself you are just existed to calm down.
    Hope it's a bit helpful and good luck :grin:

#2 Fishtail, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
  3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Who cares,

Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

Based on what you wrote, it sounds like you have a huge crush on this guy, but there is nothing that you wrote that would indicate that he likes you as anything more than a friend.

Wouldn't it make sense just to get to know him better as a friend right now? If you have mutual interests, maybe you could just hang out with him more?

Just my thoughts.:slight_smile: