1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by harmoniousnike, May 20, 2017.

1. harmoniousnike

I'm very curious as to how people came out and how you knew you were ready to do so? I can't ever see myself being ready to do it. Or did some of you just kinda say fuck it and went for it nevertheless?

2. 6qurious9

It was weird for me. It happened in the spur of the moment. I had become fully aware of my feelings towards other females one day and decided to tell my mother about it. The thing is, I feel very comfortable telling my mother anything since she herself is part of the lgbt and is genuinely an open minded person. I think that is why I felt it was okay to suddenly get the idea to tell her after only becoming aware of my feelings the very same day.

With my father, I tested the water by asking him a question about lgbt people, but the difference was I had thought about doing so for a while before asking him. With my father I can't be as open as much as he would like to think or make me feel that i can. He always showed the exact opposite, so with him I was cautious. Still not out to him yet.

I don't really see myself coming out to my father either. I hope you find someone that you trust and can open yourself up to.

#2 6qurious9, May 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2017
  3. Lacayda

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had been wanting to come out for almost 6 month before I actually did it. One day my mother started randomly talking about boys and what I like about them. I felt very uncomfortable talking about that and she realized it. Since I didn't really gave her an answer she asked me if I wanted to manny a woman instead. It was definitely meant to be a joke but when I said "yes" and started crying she realized that her joke was pretty true.

I had always been pretty annoyed by everyone joking and asking questions about boyfriends and kids so recently I decided to say fuck it and came out to many people by changing my Whatsapp profile photo to an obviously gay sign (obvious enough for everyone to get it).:lol:

#3 Lacayda, May 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2017
  4. Unwingedangel

I came out to my ex girlfriend first. I was in a relationship with her for like 3 years and then I realized I was gay and that's why it felt so distant between us. I didn't really come out to her until a few years after we broke up. We were friends since then and I finally told her why I had stopped talking to everyone. I had thought that if I had told her, she'd think she turned me gay. Which she did... lmao.

I came out to my crush in ninth grade on April Fools Day, and then asked him out. He said no, in which I then yelled. "April Fools" then ran away and cried for a hour. THEN, he found my facebook profile and I had posted about it. He told me he thought it was a April fools joke, and that's how I got my first boyfriend. Yeah.