1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's the definition of bi?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AstroJesse, Jul 6, 2007.

1. AstroJesse

Hey, I was just wondering what it really means to be bi. The idea I alwyas got was to like both sexes with a passion. I've had crushes on both berfore, but lately (the past 7-8 months) I haven't had any crushes at all. It seems to me the way I feel is that I really don't care. I have no prefrance, I just like people. Are you bi if you just don't care?:confused:

2. Time

Well, if you aren't attracted to either sex, I would say that's being what's called asexual. I told people close to me for a long time that I was asexual because I knew that I wasn't straight, but didn't (and still don't) quite have a sexual preference picked. I just confused them, and that was really stupid of me, but...anyway, yeah, if you don't like either sex, maybe your asexual for the time being.

3. AstroJesse

I see what your saying, but what about before? the crushes I had? because I still do see poeple and admire the way they look, but I just don't really care who I'm with. It's not like I like both, I don't care either way. It's like I'm an apethtic bi.

4. No day butoday

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you still admire the way people look, I don't think you're asexual. Maybe it's just that no one has come along to spike your interests lately.
    The definition of bisexual, to me, is having a sexual attraction to both sexes. If you've got that, you are!

&Welcome to Empty Closets:smilewave

5. Hendrix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not completely familar with the whole bisexual experience but it seems like it would be Okay not to have a preference. It would kind of be like choosing not to have a type like not restricting the guys you date to just people of your own race or to people taller or shorter than or to guys with tatoos etc etc etc. Just keeping all your options open so that you won't miss out on someone great because they're not considered your type. Maybe this is too simple but its just kind of a positive way to look at it.
    I know I may be reading too much into this but to admire both sexes doesn't make you bi. I admire women's feminine beauty and their body shape. I've even enjoyed having fantasies about being married to a woman but i don't have those anymore, may have been just because i was in denial. I know i'm gay and not striaght or bi because i only have the intense sexual desire for men. I've only masturbated to men. And when i'm around men (well one's that I like) I just have an urge to touch them in an intimate way, flirt a little bit, get fuzzy feelings. That's just me. All that may be irrelevant to your situation but what the hec.

6. CrimsonThunder

I've felt like that before mate. Wouldn't be too worried!

Bisexual to me is you like both sexes. It doesn't matter if you like just a tiny little bit or both equal.

7. 24601

Yeah, I think that hits the nail right on the head. Or whatever that expression is. If you don't think you're asexual (and I don't think you are. I know someone who is asexual, and the lack of sexual attraction is pretty obvious, sometimes, so I think you'd probably know...), then you are most likely bisexual. You may be the rare case of 50/50 bisexual, and have completely open options. Nothing wrong with that! :thumbsup:

8. AstroJesse

I think I might have dimmed it down when I used the term "admire". When I'm around girls and guys alike, I get these feelings. Possessive, I want to touch them.I still get the phyiscal attractions to people, but none of the emotional attractions. I had a crush on a girl awhile ago, and then it just kinda stopped. Nothing has changed between us, it dosen't seem like I should have stopped liking her, but I just don't. I guess what I mean is tha tIt's just phyiscal and not emotional anymore. not quite sure what that means.

9. AstroJesse

Well that's good to hear. Thanks for the welcome! I like it here. :icon_bigg

10. CrimsonThunder

Welcome Jesse. :grin:

11. AstroJesse

Thanks. *kicks up feet* I like it here.

12. CrimsonThunder

You just put your feet on Spikey!!

13. Hendrix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Maybe you have so many other things on your mind thatyou aren't able to think about the emotional aspects but can only concentrate on raw sexuality. Over the past 7-8 months you might have gone trough some significant change that is cause some stress. Maybe not idk.

14. Steam Giant

Hey there, Jesse! Welcome to EC!

Being bisexual can be confusing, and before I continue, know that I don't quite understand it myself. Most bisexuals have a preference toward one gender over the other, but the damned thing about all this is, you still have "types" that you are and aren't attracted to, which can make it difficult to determine which gender you lean towards, if you do lean towards one. Honestly, I just think that if you have been interested in people before, but lately people aren't doing anything for you, you probably just haven't come across the right person, you know?

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I just woke up :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. TriBi