1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating someone with the same name?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mike J, May 3, 2009.

1. Mike J

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I just realized that this is possible! I mean sure there are probably hetero couples with gender neutral same names but wow I could date someone else named Michael (and it would be fairly likely since its like the most common name ever - i've already seen like 15 others in the forums).

Has anyone ever been in this situation? Sounds like it would be kinda cool/confusing.

Sorry for my randomness.

:smilewave

2. GhostDog

Hehe, I dunno! Maybe one of y'all could go by a nickname? I don't see too many other folks with the name "Kirah" about, so it's not something I've considered, let alone had to deal with. Hrm, that's an interesting thing to think about!

3. paco

paco Guest

:roflmao:

i think you should try it just to see how it feels calling your own name out during sex

4. olides84

I have two straight friends, Erin and Aaron, who are married. It made for some fun/bad jokes at the wedding. If I need to be clear when talking about one of them, I just say 'boy-Aaron' or 'girl-Erin'. I guess with two guys, I'd have to think of something else :slight_smile: Most importantly though, between the two of them it's no problem.

5. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This subject came up a few months ago, and back then I said that really only be slightly awkward. The strangest situation I can think of is if we were walking together and someone called out our names, but that's nearly insignificant.

6. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

:roflmao: Brilliant!

I think it's a situation just begging for creating pet names for each other. And for that, I feel I need to point out that the Richard Fish character from Ally McBeal (nineties TV show if you haven't heard of it) has to be the guru here, if only for his epic foodstuff-based-names like "Bacon Bits".

7. Miles D

hmm... well my cousin is dating someone with his mom's name :confused:
    that seems awkward enough!!

8. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think it´s confusing enough to have a friend who shares your name. :confused:

9. Tim

Tim

There was a thread about this not too long ago actually.

I had a small crush on a guy named Tim during Middle School XD

I really didn't think anything of it. It's just a name.

10. Dazed

Dazed Guest

i could so date a Jen. ^_^

11. Lacri

Lacri Guest

Haha This is actually funny; one of my best friend's mom is a lesbian. Her AND her girlfriend are both named Christina. Her mom is referred to as christina while her girlfriend is called Chris, to make it easier for everyone else. :slight_smile:

12. Just Adam

id date an adam if hes cute

13. Emile

Emile Guest

That's be very awkward and I'm definitely not looking for a guy named Emile! héhé

14. Myke

Myke Guest

It's do-able, might be a little weird at first but after a while you'd get used to it

15. Nodnarb

I think it would be strange at first, but I'd get used to it eventually. I have a friend whose parents have the same name, and it's always funny to be around them when they're together because of it.

16. xXHolic

my name is so common here in greece.. my name's George = Γιώργος. so, the last two homo-relationships I was into were with someone with the same name!
    1) we were George the Virgo(me) and George the Libra (him)
    2) we were George the VIrgo(me) and George the Libra as well (him)

lol i just figured I may have a thing for Libras haha
    ofc we didnt call eachother like that, but it was so cool "George&George"
    :grin:

17. zzzzzz13

haha, that would be the oddest thing ever!!!

18. FinalFantasyFan

Wow, funny story, the guy who I was crushing on a while back has the same first name that I do (Michael being the name that just seems to be everywhere, in fact it was the most commonly given name to boys born in the United States in the year I was born. Anyway...) but also the same last initial, S. He goes by Michael, and I go by Mike, which made things easier for the GSI (Graduate Student Instructor) for the class that we had together. However, I never could see that relationship going much farther than fantasy. He's taken... >_>

19. paco

paco Guest

i'm about to put that awkward situation to shame. assume that i started dating a guy named paul, because naturally, my name is paul, also, my dad's name is paul, oh and just wait, it gets even better! my grandpa's name is paul.

top that. try. i dare you.

20. littledinosaurs

I dated someone with a very similar Name, Jared.(and for those of you who will say 'but its not the SAME name' try telling that to 70% of people who don't know how to actually say my name) it didn't really make any difference.
    *shrug*