1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im back from my trip!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MusicIsLife, May 5, 2009.

1. MusicIsLife

I had a ton of fun. Heres the basic rundown of what went on:

We left at about 5 PM on thursday, and arrived at 4AM at the hotel. Why did it take this long? we got into Newark at 2am, but got extremely lost. We had to call a taxi and follow it to our hotel. he sooo ripped us off, we paid him 20 bucks, but we were so tired by that point it didnt matter anymore xD

On friday it was hoodwinked. This is pretty much like the pre-Bamboozle show. Its a bunch of bands play from 5PM to 11PM but they play cover sets. These are the bands I saw:

Push Play covering Muse
    Never Shout Never covering The Beatles
    Cartel covering New Found Glory
    We The Kings covering Jimmy Eat World
    Bayside covering NOFX
    Forever The Sickest Kids covering Avril Lavigne
    Sum 41 covering Metallica
    New Found Glory covering Green Day

After that, we all drove out to T.G.I. Fridays for a midnight dinner, since we were all starving. Not too long after we headed back tot he hotel and crashed for the night.

The first day of boozle, I saw:

Cartel
    Forever The Sickest Kids
    Bayside
    We The Kings
    Our Last Night
    Cobra Starship
    The Getup Kids
    Parkway Drive
    Fall Out Boy

After everything was done we drove around for a while looking for a Dennys. it was 2.30AM, and we wanted our breakfast damnit! it was yummy, and we were soo tired, everything was hilairous. BUT thats not all! after dennys, around 3-3.30am we made our way to arandom convience store and proceeded to take pictures of chocolate bars and the fridge things where they keep the arizona iced tea and stuff. we all bought vitamin water or iced tea and some kind of candy.

Second day, my birthday!!!! Im 20 now, yay! Anyway, heres the bands I saw that day.

Billy Talent
    The Maine
    Silverstein
    Hollywood Undead
    The Used
    Rise Against
    Taking Back Sunday.

So heres what happened. I didnt really see Rise Against, more that I listened to them.
    Why?
    My first concert/festival related [major-ish] injury.

So heres what happened. I was at the gate for silverstein, and neither me nor my friend wanted to move so that we would have good spots for the used. and because of my height my upper chest was pressed right against the bar. As the used played, a shitload of crowd surfers passed over us. second to last song, i missed seeing one crowdsurfer and BAM. he hit the backs of my shoulders in such a way that my spine curled around the bar almost like a candy cane and i hit my sternum bone very hard against the bar. I did feel a crunch, and i think i went white, it hurt soooooooo bad. My friend was like are you ok? and at first i thought i would be but after a few more slams fromt he crowd i just couldnt do it, at the time i thought i had broken my sternum, and so i was very stressed. I had a security guy pull me out, and i all but ran to the first aid tent.

they filled me out and i sat down, the doctor came to see me to tell mei had bruised the bone, and to just take some pain meds and ice it. This might be a good time to mention im athsmatic, and i was having a panic attack. I was sitting there, hyperventilating and shaking. The whole ordeal scared me more than anything, and so i was trying to calm down but it wasnt working. So they gave me an inhaler after i pleaded for one for 15 mins, then i got to leave. For anyone whos wondering, it still hurts like a bitch, but im not like in agony, ive been hopped up on pain pills ever since it happened xD

So when i came out 2 of the friends i came with were waiting for me, and we went to get merch, while listening to rise against play, before heading to the stage where TBs were to play.

After TBS finished, we headed back, met up with the other friend we were with, and headed back to the hotel.

When we got there we had all loosened up and we ordered chinese food.

Apart from the sternum fiascio it was a good day :slight_smile:

The next day was our leaving day, so we packed up and checked out, and began to drive home. We took a detour once we hit Albany and went to this mall, where we hit up a few stores. I came out with a new pair of shoes, a legend of zelda belt buckle and 2 CDs :slight_smile: After that detour we headed home and i was greeted with beleated vegan birthday cake :slight_smile:

the end.
    Final note: 433 pictures.
    ANd just so you know how insane i am: i spent 300$US on merch at the festival. Im not gonna need new clothes for a while xDDDD

2. Mickey

Wow,sorry you got hurt,but (other than that!) I'm glad you had a good time.
    Happy Birthday,by the way! Did you get me a memento? lol!

3. Just Adam

sounds like you had fun minus the candy bend manouver. if i spent $300 on clothes it would last me years lol so welldone.... i think youve just covered a few birthdays :grin: hehe

well now your partyed out get some rest, hope your backs ok :slight_smile:

4. MusicIsLife

my back is fine actually, its my sternum/chest area that hurts but yes apart from that little fiascio, i had a blast :slight_smile:

5. Magnet

Sounds fun :slight_smile: