1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking for "normal" - too much?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by boy0boy, May 7, 2009.

1. boy0boy

In my adventures I've come to realize that the kind of guy my eye's GO to, are really not the kind I'd want to be around.

I'm just looking for a normal guy, and the kind of guy I like -- so far in my opinion- usually is going through "issues." I should explain a bit, but I like the "rocker/band/"emo" type guy but I don't like drugged out guys, or cutters, or screamo- lol.

I don't know I just get frustrated I'm attracted to guys who USUALLY come with certain "baggage."

2. Shevanel

Everyone's got "Baggage", the difference is if its apparent or not. Which just varies among everyone.

3. boy0boy

I guess I should have quoted it like "certain baggage" - they are extreme things that SERIOUSLY prevent me from wanting a relationship further than friendship with a guy.

4. Shevanel

And what "certain baggage" could that be? Does this have to do with certain guys you know personally or in general? because maybe you just need to meet new people?

5. boy0boy

I had an answer last night and my computer went dead. So here goes:

Really this opened up my eyes that I'm not bothered by 1 single thing- more like a bunch of actions/personality traits that I see exhibited by the same group of people.

A specific guy is the cause of me bringing it up so I really shouldn't be so general, since I'm sure there are other's out there- I'm just frustrated I havn't found one.

6. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

I know what you mean but when we look for someone we want certain baggage. It could be due to instinct. You might want to fix this baggage and turn it into luggage. It all depends. But like surf dude said, meet new people. Its a world of mixed baggages. Your bound to find the ones your clothing fits in (without getting wrinkled), it just takes time. sry if that didnt make sense. lol

7. Greggers

"Look, in my opinion the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what-have-you. The right person is still going to think the sun shines out of your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with." - Mac MacGuff, Juno

- - -

I think that quote about sums it up :slight_smile: Its not about finding "Mr. Perfect". If you try finding that your going to end up a very lonely person. It about finding someone who you can love, flaws and all. Everyone has a dark side to them, everyone has imperfections. I guess its a little bit of a "settle for second place" game, because no matter who you are with you will always be able to find "someone else" or "someone better". Its a sad truth, but an important one. If you reach for the stars you better be able to settle for the moon or else you will be reaching your entire life with nothing to grab onto.