1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

discrimination

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kizz, May 8, 2009.

?

do you discriminate against:

1. gays/lesbians

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. bisexuals

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  3. transgenders

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. people of certain ages

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. disabilities

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. physical features (hair, eye colour etc.)

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. different race

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  8. religious beliefs

22 vote(s)
    36.7%
  9. political beliefs

23 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. subcultures

8 vote(s)
    13.3%
  11. country

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  12. none of the above

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  13. no one. I don't discriminate

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read this thread, and it made me wonder.
    how judgemental are we all?
    I tried to add all options I could think of :lol:

2. Elven

Lol alot of people are VERY judgmental but they don't realise it... am I? I can't tell damn it XD

3. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. Dazed

Dazed Guest

i lied. i should have picked subcultures

Furries
    juggalo and jugalettes
    skinheads

5. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I myself am a very "live and let live" type of person. I don't mind who people are.
    I'm easy going :lol:

6. Lacri

Lacri Guest

See I can't see ever hating someone or discriminating against them just because they are different than me.... I dont care if someone is a different race, mentally retarded, old, ugly, or a different religous group. I believe that you can find friends anywhere, and to just hate someone for being different is not only pointless, but limiting yourself to possible friends! I guess I love everyone (except for people that think they are better than others)

7. Derek the Wolf

I don't discriminate period. All I care about are the words coming out of a person's mouth and the actions accompanying them.

8. Jesse Jinx

I don't like to judge people and I feel awful when I do, but in truth, I do sometimes. The only one I voted for though was political views. Sometimes I can't understand the other view for certian issues, and I just end up getting angry. I have many friends who are rebublicans, but it's only because they can sit down and talk about their views instead of the "I'm right, you're wrong" view I'm come across with most discussions about politcs. But one's personal opinion is the only thing I will judge a person on. Never anything like race or orientation or disibilaty or something they can't help like that. That's just ignorant.

9. xequar

I like to think I don't, but I know I am at least quite judgmental toward Christians and hardcore Conservatives. I'm cool with pretty much everyone else. I love furries. I hang out with people of all different racial backgrounds. But unfortunately, I know that I'm incredibly biased against hardcore conservatives and most flavors of Christianity.

I try not to let those biases color how I interact with people, but I'm sure for all my efforts I fail at it sometimes.

10. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah I discriminate but only a TINY little bit of alot ^_^

11. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it's encouraging to see no-one hates sexual orientation. but I am completely sure someone'll just tick all boxes and submit it for a laugh :lol:

12. Miles D

I don't intentionally "discriminate", but I definitely have issues with conservatives and hardcore Christians.
    "I like your Christ, I hate your Christians." << what Ghandi said.

13. Henrike

I clicked five of them. :astonished: I'm a bad person.

14. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    and someone has a problem with gays/lesbians. who? O.O

15. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't care what culture or anything as long as you come accross as a genuine person. But let's get real I would say 70% do discriminate. We are in the real hard shit world and If a say ugly person with a speech problem with load's of qualification's was to go for a job and then a cute person was to go for the same job with less qualification's... Who do you think would get the job? mmmmmm

16. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's hard for me to say, really. When people discriminate, they often don't realize it - I'm not really sure what things I've done in the past that would count. I guess I'm sometimes biased against obese people (which I notice isn't an option), but it's more the laziness and lack of motivation I have a problem with - for the people who genuinely have a predisposition towards it and can't manage it even with exercise and diet, I can understand, but the mammoths who inhale three super-size burgers a meal and can't be bothered to walk down the street once or twice, I get frustrated with.

17. SailingKoala

^^
    I would say we all discriminate to a greater or lesser extent, everytime we see sometime and make a snap judgement on just appearances it is a form of discrimination. My answer to the poll worried me - I don't discriminate against people when I get talking too and know people - but I answered it as if what would go through my mind at first glance eg Heavy Metal Punk looking person - first thought not bright/ thug - I know a few metal heads and they are deeply thoughtful and hate violence, but my first thought on sight would be to write them off.
    We all do it, but it is if we can't look past the superficial first glance and understand the person then we have a problem...
    hope that makes sense

18. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Me too I hate that I have to admit. People just fill themselves with food because they are hungry. So they eat and eat and fucking eat. :eusa_naug Why do they just not get :help: and get motivation? But on the other hand I was working today and found a new person has just came in and you would not notice but he was 52 and confused and because he had also lost one side of the brain due to a tumor the brain does not tell him when his body is full and stuff. His brain does not send the fetal signals to his brain. So he eat's and eat's and never stop's.. omg the meals he was eating would fill me up 10 times over.

#18 xxxxx, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
  19. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry to take this too far but snap judgment is not a form of discrimination and talking behind back's bla bla bla. lol

Discrimination involves treating an individual differently because of their possession of an attribute unrelated to the situation, in contrast to the treatment received by another individual in the same circumstances.

Subtle discrimination involves setting a condition or requirement which a smaller proportion of those with the attribute are able to comply with, without reasonable justification.

Just so that you know..

Sorry could not help myself. lol

20. Zach

I try to never "snap" judge anyone. I don't have any negitive feelings towards anyone. You have to earn my "dis-respect" ....and it will take you awhile to achive that with me, but to be honest, it doesn't matter what your skin color is, what your gender is, or what your into. I usually get along with everyone :thumbsup:(!)