1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Instead of swearing...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Maddy, May 9, 2009.

1. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't realise how weird my vocabulary is until a few minutes ago when I tripped, nearly fell, caught myself, yelled "Jesus H Christ on a tricycle wearing a propellor beanie!" and caused a housemate to snort coffee out her nose laughing. I use a few silly phrases like that, mainly from training myself to not swear around my parents. Does anyone else have weird things they say instead of cursing, or am I just strange?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A friend of mine used to say "Jesus Christ on a bike." So another friend, mocking him, started saying "The Virgin Mary on a pogo stick." I still use that from time to time. Other random "swear" words I use:

Foo
    Shucky-darns
    Darn it all to heck
    Bun of a slitch
    Well, skin me alive and call me luggage.

The funny thing is - I still swear a lot...

Lex

#2 Lexington, May 9, 2009
    Last edited: May 9, 2009
  3. Ben

Ben

Hah oh Maddy! :grin:

I do the same actually, I'll rarely actually swear. If I were to trip over like you did I'd most likely say a variant of "oops" or "oh dear".
    Then I'll say other things such as "Holy cheese(or any other food)", "oh wowww", "that sucks *insert animal here* ass" etc.

Actually my most common phrase when I was about 10 was "izza zizza" - I'd scream it whenever I got hurt or scared. I still say it on occasion.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use "Christ on a bike" sometimes too, and then added to it. I was talking with a few people about random crap, and someone said "I saw a guy smoking while riding a bike the other day. I mean, Jesus Christ!". Someone else popped up with "Jesus Christ was smoking while riding a bike through your town?", and from that day on I've used "Christ on a bike smoking a cigarette!"

5. Bookmarked

Oh goodness, I end up using any and all of these things. Here's a couple of the most frequently used:

Drat/Darn/Dash
    Jesus Harry Christ (Which sometimes evolves to Jesus Hare Krishna, if the mood takes me)
    Oh bothery.
    Croap (or when I'm feeling particularily cursive "Holy Croap")
    Snap
    Shiv
    Mercy-me!
    Buggery (Which may or may not count as a swear)

When I get stressed, or confused, I tend to blurt things out in a confused tangle e.g. "Jesus, buggery croap!"

6. TayTay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say
    Sweet Jesus!
    GRACE AND MERCY!
    FOR CRYING OUT LOUD
    BEND ME OVER AND DO ME DRY
    LORD HAVE MERCY
    And many many more if i think of them i will let you all know!

7. Mason

Oh joy. I say waaaaaay too many things to list. Like you, I have been training myself not to curse around my parents. Seeing how my mom acts when my older siblings curse, she'll yell at them, I'll just make up other things. A few:

Friggle Fraggle
    Blazes
    Goodness Gracious Me
    Monkey's Uncle

8. Cool Beans

I'm a big fan of "Dagnabbit!" It makes me feel like an old-timey prospector.

9. GhostDog

Haha, I use "Sweet Jesus" a lot.

I am naturally rather vulgar at times. I'm trying to curb the habit since I'm working on getting teaching certification... >.>

Lately I've taken to replacing "Son of a bitch" with "Some of it itches!"
    Also, if I'm around kids, I sometimes catch myself and go "Shiiiitake mushrooms"

Muttering names at random bad drivers, I'll say things like "DOUCHE WAFFLE" if there is somebody teensy in the car with me. =P Still not the nicest thing to say but it's a lot nicer than what I normally say, haha.

As for the F-bomb, I'll replace it with "friggin'," "freaking", or just "EFF!"

10. partietraumatic

in an effort to make myself swear less i started doing it in other lauguges. Its had such a lasting effect that if something frustrates me or i hurt myself or something my first reaction,completely naturally is now 'dios mio'. I also use 'porca madonna' sometimes.

On the english side instead of saying the 'f' word ive become very fond of saying "oh my gosh/goodness/word" it makes me sound very english :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Daniel

Shoot,
    Fudgecicles,
    Lordy,
    Fidel-sticks,
    Oh poo-p,
    Jesu christe

That's all I think. Otherwise I just let fly.

12. Just Adam

i dont have anything practiced i just usually swear followed by a list of random words said angrilly

13. jazzrawr

Ahaha, Maddy that's hilarious. XD

I actually swear ALOT in real life - and loudly. For some reason, I can't swear quietly. >.<
    It's probably because my parents don't mind my swearing, they don't make me censor it.
    I still say interesting variations though;
    My best friend says "Mother of shit!" quite often. XD

I also usually say 'feck' instead of fuck, unless I'm trying to make a point. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I've also taken to saying 'Caesar salad...' whenever I get mad. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Or 'Jesus christ caesar salad...'
    It started as a joke and continued from there.
    I can't think of any more at the present time; I'm sure I'll post them when I say them. XD

14. MusicIsLife

I actually swear :slight_smile: i feel a lot of the "aversions" sound dumb. the closest thing i use as in at work when im with a customer or in front of young cousins i use shite and fecking.

15. Hoppip

I used to go to Chinese school with my Chinese friend, and she'd always go "Ayahhh!" when she got freaked out, and eventually I accidentally picked it up. To this day, if I get spooked by something, I'll holler "AYAAAH!" in a hardcore Asian voice. xD

I also like the class Wisconsinite "I'm gonna smack the piss outta you." It's got a nice ring to it.

But otherwise, I'm not much of a censor. I swear like a sailor. <3

Edit: Oh, or sometimes we just yell "PG WORDS!" and have a friend fill us in. Like refrigerator.

#15 Hoppip, May 9, 2009
  16. Miles D

My friend Noel just says, "Expletive."
    and it's epic. :grin:

17. GhostDog

I like that! I think I may adopt that. =D

18. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I have a habit of calling almost everyone I don't like a Ding Dong. I use it way too much. Other than that, I tend to say "Darn it" and "Crap it all!" and "Urghblargh" and other assorted and random noises that I cannot possibly translate into words. That last one, mostly. I find myself shouting jibberish that sounds like baby talk. :lol:

19. tm74

tm74 Guest

I've picked up "Frak" from Battlestar Galactica... but generally I don't swear (or "instead of swear") much - if I reach the point where I need to swear, I generally just do!

20. djt820

I usually proclaim 'Dicks' or 'Dildos'. Not sure if those count. I still cuss a fucking lot.

#20 djt820, May 9, 2009