1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Student Government

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nintenfreak92, May 10, 2009.

1. Is anyone else here involved in student government? If so what do you do?

I have been class president for 3 years now and this year I am running for Student body president. My campaign is kind of parodying the presidential election. I am having soo much fun with it. Also, if you have any suggestions for my campaign that would be great.

2. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Give people candy. People will always vote for the people that give out the most freebies.

I'm not kidding.

3. Oh, I know. I'm giving out dum-dum suckers that say "don't be a dum-dum vote for me."

4. Jeimuzu

I got involved in the Teesside Students Union a bit this year. I was on the clubs and societies awards committee, a board of around 15 people who decide who gets the annual awards and so on, I also helped a friend of mine run a campaign for teesside union president. He lost, but we tried haha!

5. Mr Bojangles

It's fail'd here, as it's basically a popularity contest. Therefor why bother?

6. xequar

My school had the "popularity contest" for the first couple of years that I was there. Then they basically turned it into a sort of insider's only, teacher's pet council. They only allowed people that had a certain GPA and had been on the council at least two previous years to be president, and the teachers controlled the nominations for who was running. It went from being a student council to a school admin council with students as the faces.

7. See thats dumb! the thing is at my school me and my opponent are generally outcasts. Neither of us are popular...

I think I've got it in the bag, I'm not as worried anymore.

8. schoolboy91

schoolboy91 Guest

AHH NO WAYYYY!!
    I'm student body president for next year and I'm SO excited. But we have a really good mix of people from ALL groups, so it's all good. And I'm not in the "popular" crowd either, I just try to be nice to people but PLEASE lets get in touch through pm or something and share ideas. I'm so excited and I hope you win!
    BTW...
    if you can make stickers.. i did "hard is" jokes from the comcast commercials. :slight_smile: but stickers are good.
    good luck!

9. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've always considered SGA to be a bullshit deal, at least at my school anyway, because it's always popularity based. If you're not on as many teams as possible, with sparkly teeth and an oompa loompa tan, you have no chance. And they never get anything done, anyway.

10. kevinx519

its high school. whatre you gonna do. when voting is involved, things will always be a popularity contest. im the current ASB treasurer of my school after interning with the previous one last year as the junior class treasurer. and i guess ASB has become my life this year as i basically eat, breathe, and sleep it. most think that only presidents get the hard work, but other positions are equally difficult. but the experience has definitely been worth the stress. ive made a lot of friends by being in council. so much fun.

11. Daniel

The way the Student Council works at my school is that people elect the class officers, and sign the forms voting for a student to be in the Student Council. From there the Council selects the four leading officers. The Student Council then works in the affairs involving more than one class.

I lost the election for class president by 3 votes with the third runner up coming in 6 votes behind. But I received more than enough for Student Council where the members then vote for the four officers within the council, and I was elected Student Council President mostly due to the fact that I had the longest tenure on the council.

12. djt820

The presidency at our school is a joke as well. The president is popular guy. He's a nice guy. Better than most of the populars but still just a popularity contest.

13. Well today was the election and after working my ass off this week, I won! I am so happy!! my opponent lost gracefully, and she was an excellent opponent. Thursday is our first meeting, I am soooo excited!

14. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! :grin:

15. olides84

Good job dude! You deserve it :slight_smile: