1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True Love = Bisexual

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by raar, Jul 8, 2007.

1. raar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One thing i always say to my more sort-of conservative (almost homophobic) friends is i would ask them if they believed in true love. If they say yes, than i would ask them then are they bisexual because i dont believe you can TRULEY believe in "soulmate" w/out being bisexual

a "soulmate" is one other person put on this earth destined to love you. if it truly is souls than who the hell ever said they had to be in the opposite sex body. because if it was "true love" than it doesnt matter their sex, only the person.

they always end up just trying to reason something they can not or just giving me the middle finger.

so what do you think, am i right, wrong, or do not care? what do you think?

2. Steam Giant

That fits my mindset pretty perfectly. Above all else, I'm the most attracted to the person behind the body, and not so much the body itself. Sure, there are certain features, for both genders, that I'm attracted to, but I'd never form a relationship around that. When the right person wanders into my life, it's not going to matter what physical features they possess, including gender. Why should love be limited by physical form, after all?

3. CrimsonThunder

I don't think I understand really.

Err.. If your straight you can just think any hot girl with same interests is your soulmate but you could be very wrong.. So I dunno. =/

4. xxAngelOnFirexx

Yeah that makes sense. If they're my soulmate then i'd go out with them. but for who they were in thier souls. i couldn't go out with a guy unless he thought he was a gurl soul. i AM a lesbian...

5. Kimi

I agree with you but not totally.
    To me, true love doesn't always fit in soulmate. Some does but not always.

I don't think you are wrong at all but it isn't the nicest to ask ...
    It's like...I think this' = this" but you say no, while you said you believe in this' how come? Explain please.

6. crystaltriforce

that makes perfect sense because i have always been more atracted to personality and intellegence then to how hot and sexy they are.

7. BeautifulStranger

Me too...
    I'm attracted to the personality and intelligence of men and only men.

And I think if soulmates were destined, then destiny would put the soul in someone of your preferred gender. If destiny has the power to create a soulmate for you, then it also has the power to put it in a man or woman depending on your orientation.

To me you're saying that I can't live happy unless I accept the idea that my destined partner may be a woman. I could not disagree more, unfortunately.

And I don't think a soulmate nescessarily has to be a lover as well. I believe a soulmate can be your best friend. A friend who will be there no matter what. A friend who will be at your wedding. A friend who becomes the god parent to your child.

8. musican

I agree; if someone tried to tell me that my soul mate was a girl, I wouldn't see the point in dating because I'm attracted to guys and only guys. I can be friends with girls and I can say that a girl is attractive, but I could never date a girl because I know that I'm not attrtacted to her the way that she's attracted to me.

I can also understand what you mean when you say that your soulmate doesn't have to be a lover because I have often wondered how anyone that I could date could ever be as compatable with me as my best friend; the problem is that she's a girl so I'm not attracted to her, and that we are like brother and sister so we would never go out even if I was straight.

I really hope that my soulmate is a guy and that I find him, I think life would be quite empty without a soulmate

9. Tim

Tim

In my personal opinion, a soulmate does not have to be a sexual or romantic relationship. They're just someone you're meant to be with, even if it's just as friends. My friend who had a crush on me, called me her soulmate as a way of saying she... uh... liked me, but at the same time, I still feel she may be mine. No matter the times, we're always there for each other, even when we had a huge summer long fight.

So, as I said, in my opinion, a soul mate, and true love, are two ENTIRELY different things. Some people, however, do manage to have their soulmate BE their true love.

10. aussie paul

yep, for me a soul mate is a mate, a 'best friend' someone in whom i can trust anything. so thinking about it, that person is some one to love. Like my wife for example, a soul mate for me. .... about gender, yes it doesn't matter about the gender of the soul's body regarding being friends or mates. .. for me, gender is a sexual or social thing. i'm sexually attracted to same sex but my soul mate is a woman (opp sex). But I also have a younger male friend who is really good at understanding me and he's sexually attractive, but too young for me, plus i'm married, so, ...
    that's my opinion and my situation, it's quite complex and difficult too, Paul

11. Odradek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't believe in soul mates but I like your philosophy.

12. Derek the Wolf

I think love is a feeling that transcends the physical. That said, a relationship with somebody that doesn't arouse you probably wouldn't work out. Sex is typically part of a relationship. But there's different kinds of love. Your partner is different than your bet friend who is different than your family. Love them all in different ways.

13. Kryz

I think I know who my soulmate is. And she is a woman. And I don't feel atracted to her. And I don't want to have a romantic relationship with her...

14. Level N Human

What happens, then, if your soulmate is reincarnated as an animal?

Does your definition of true love still hold true? ~_^

15. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I have had multiple soulmates. I'm sure I will have more. My soul is a bit slutty.

:grin:

16. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Good point. For emotional relationships, I believe we are all capable of loving both genders. Only physical relationships can have constraints, IMHO.

17. Nugget

A soulmate:

They'll be thereā€¦ whether you want them to or not.

18. BeautifulStranger

Rofl
    Mine too

19. Amy

Amy

I do not agree with your theroy. However, I do agree with the idea of a soulmate not having to also be a lover.

I have never been the girl to dream of a true love who comes and sweep me off of my feet. I have always dreamed of someone who is the "true love" of friendship.

20. silentsound

I think to answer this question you have to take a closer look at the term "soul mate", because that does not imply a romantic relationship. It only means, as you said, two people destined to love each other. So I think you can have a platonic relationship with a soul mate too.