1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tempe, Arizona

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, May 16, 2009.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi everyone!

I'm down here in Tempe for my daughter's graduation from ASU! She graduated with a 4.0. I'm so proud of her! As you may know, President Obama delivered the commencement. It was 110 degrees at the bottom of Sun Devil Stadium but getting to see him was worth it! It was so hot. I had on a tank top under a blouse that was somewhat see-through. I went in the bathroom and removed the tank top and soaked it and then wrapped it around my neck. All modesty went to hell. lol It worked though!

It was nice getting to spend time with two of my kids. I also met my son-in-law for the first time! So that was exciting.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in so you know I'm alive and kickin'. I miss you guys!!(&&&)

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We miss you too Becky! And send your daughter our congratulations! Graduating with a 4.0 in college seems near impossible! Lol.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome that she graduated with a 4.0! Wow! Glad you are having a great time!

4. revolutionrock

Ow ow! I got to see Obama speak at ASU back before he was president. Amazing, amazing experience. As for Tempe, I was there a few weeks ago and I was amazed at my willingness to shed clothes in public. I hadn't a care in the world, haha. :slight_smile:

Congrats to your daughter!

5. Courtneyyy

I knew a bunch of people that were there. My boss' friend got to shake Obama's hand because he was one of the doctoral candidates.

6. TheRoof

congrats!!! 4.0 is the perfect average point right? that's amazing. my sister graduated today, and she graduated with 3.98. she also received award scholarship so it was really great!!! :slight_smile:

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Lucky person! I'm surprised that he stuck around so long shaking hands and giving hugs especially with the swine flu scare. I heard that alot of graduations were doing away with handshakes because of it.

8. Courtneyyy

I also had a friend that was getting her masters and decided not to go to graduation cause it was going to be so chaotic and busy.

Crazy girl.